3,131 results
All reviews cable car union square powell and bush great location two blocks good size large bathroom stay there again king suite boutique hotel powell st front desk staff street side bed was very comfortable wonderful hotel would highly recommend this hotel valet parking
Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here before starting our West Coast road trip.

Best thing about this place was the location. Steps away from the cable car stop, short walk to Union Square and Macy’s, short bus/cable car ride away from Pier 39.

Not so good thing was the staff. Although they were not rude, they were not very attentive. A number of times in the 3 days we requested amenities they said they were going to send up on the first night, and each time we asked they said we will send right up and they never came. After the 3rd time we just stopped asking as we were leaving the next day.

Also for a relatively small hotel the rate was quite expensive and would not say it was value for money. Perhaps it was the location rather than the hotel we were paying for, but all in all would probably not return. That’s not to say it was a bad hotel, and if your main concern is location, you would do well to consider this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAKRANI
Collins C, Manager at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

While I'm happy to hear you enjoyed our convenient location, I'm sorry that you weren't impressed by our team. To clarify, our staff's trained to be friendly and attentive to each of our guests' needs, so it's disappointing that you didn't feel that was the case. I'll be sure to talk to everyone to ensure this doesn't happen again. That being said, we'd love another chance if you're ever in the area again. I hope the rest of your West Coast road trip goes well.

All my best,

Reviewed March 2, 2018

I travel to SF every month for work and have stayed at a quite a few places but this will be my go to hotel from now on! There are great places to eat, super close to shopping and you can get to the cable car and Bart very easily. The staff is awesome and friendly. Check-in and check-out is a breeze!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators - they are a little noisy!
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Collins C, Manager at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2018

It's incredible that you enjoyed your stay with us so much that you'll make us your go-to San Francisco hotel from now on. That seriously means the world, and I'll be sure to pass your kind words on to our team. Can't wait to welcome you back next time you're in the area!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2018

From what I understand, the rooms are larger than average for San Francisco. My room was very clean and comfortable. Staff were friendly.

Two very slight niggles: 1) I partly chose the hotel based on the photos of the bathroom - a handheld adjustable shower head to accommodate my being short. My bathroom was a fixed shower head which meant I had to use a shower cap to not get my hair wet.. 2) Like every business class hotel I've stayed in several countries in the last five years that says leave the towels on the rack if you want to reuse them to save water, the Orchard Hotel cleaning staff changed the towels every day. I do wonder what the point of these signs is, since no hotel actually seems to follow their promise to only change towels left on the floor.

Other than that, I really liked the hotel and would happily stay again.

Very nearby: Dragon's Gate, a lovely local pub (The Last Drop Tavern), a pizza place (Uncle Vito's Pizza, which cheerfully did a vegan pizza for me), Starbucks (ok, where isn't there a Starbucks nearby), Walgreen's, a couple of Japanese restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Collins C, Manager at The Orchard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2018

I'm so happy you felt your room was clean and comfortable, and it's wonderful that our staff left a great impression on you. I do, however, apologize that your shower wasn't quite what you were expecting. Besides that, I'm thrilled you enjoyed your stay and had a great time exploring the nearby area. Next time you're in the area, I hope you'll stay with us again.

Best,

Reviewed February 26, 2018

From when I landed Darlene and Phillip were there to great me and make me feel right at home, to when I left when Shane prepared my transportation I could not have been more thrilled.

The catering staff with Lilly and Mitsu constantly checked to make sure they were exceeding our expectations and continually did so throughout our stay. A brief conversation with Jillian on a possible future improvement was in place by the afternoon. The staff continually exceeded expectations.

The engineering team Gregg made sure we were prepared and followed up throughout my stay to confirm our meeting was on track and everything was in perfect order.

There were countless interactions with Leiyoni, Phillip, Jillian, Collins, and Shane throughout our stay they made sure we had everything we needed and I honestly felt like our company was their only guest.

I would recommend this hotel for that personal feel with a professional touch. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business

First off, it's wonderful that you got to know all of our team members by name! That makes me so happy, and I'll be sure to pass your kind regards on to everyone. I'm happy that your stay was great and that you recognized our personal touch. We hope we'll get to see you again the next time you're in the area!

All my best,

Reviewed February 26, 2018

We had a one-nighter in this hotel on our way back thru San Fran. Despite being in a room over-looking the hotel entrance and Bush Street, the sleep quality was still good. This was helped by a very comfortable bed and high quality bedding.

The room was relatively spacious, well-maintained with a sizeable bathroom. The is a good location; within easy striking distance of the financial district, china town and not too far from fishermans wharf. The service was professional. responsive and the concierge was outstanding.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple

It's wonderful that you were pleased with your room and recognized that the bedding we use is high-quality. That's great to hear! Also, it's awesome you enjoyed walking around the nearby area. Thanks for leaving us such a kind review! We'd love to have you again next time you're in San Francisco.

Kindest regards,