The Orchard Hotel
$245
$208
Hilton.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Omni San Francisco Hotel(San Francisco)
$418
$209
$336
$222
  • Pool
Kimpton Buchanan(San Francisco)(Great Value!)
$185
  • Restaurant
Fairmont San Francisco(San Francisco)
$469
$225
$210
Agoda.com
2,943 results
All reviewscable carunion squarepowell and bushgreat locationtwo blocksgood sizelarge bathroomking suitestay there againboutique hotelpowell stfront desk staffstreet sidebed was very comfortablewonderful hotelsmall hotelcontinental breakfast
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Price in line with what we hoped for. Clean and roomy. Large bathroom. Right by the Mason/Powell, Mason/Hyde cable cars. Staff friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Good coffee, great robes. No downsides worth a mention.

Room Tip: Facing the bldg., choose left wall room or the rear room to avoid street noise, (traffic, cable cars braking). Didn't bother us, as we were too tired from enjoying the city. Any hotel in the area will have some noise. Don't complain, you have been forewarned.
2  Thank maxsreview
Reviewed February 2, 2013

the service here is what makes orchard hotel stand out among the rest. we were always greeted by our names by the doorman and always asked if we needed directions to anywhere ask we're handed our car keys. the rooms are comfortable and quiet when we stayed (end of jan) and the bathrooms seemed very clean. my husband was especially enthusiastic about how white the grout in our bathroom were.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Convenient location, a friendly and helpful staff, very clean...a really good value in an expensive city. It's right near the trolley line and is within walking distance of Union Square, Chinatown, North Beach, and Nob Hill. And the staff (Cornell is a great concierge) can help you find your way anywhere else you'd want to go. Couldn't recommend this hotel more.

Room Tip: The street side has a little more city noise and the alley side is quieter. There's not much of a view either way, so it's really just a noise preference thing.
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

close to Union Square & shopping. Good size rooms, very clean, great breakfast included in our reasonable room rate.
China Town on your door step, cable car at the corner, Bush Street is clean & safe.
Our room was very quite, enjoyed a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Cameroc
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here with a friend for three nights on the 9th floor. Our quiet, spacious room at the back of the hotel, away from cable car and elevator noise, offered comfortable twin beds. Amenities included a safe, a refrigerator, an old-style TV, two chairs, plenty of storage drawers, a table and a desk. The good-sized bathroom with tub/shower proved to be spotless as was the rest of our space. Two robes hung in the closet but the advertised slippers were not provided. At night, we received turn-down service, complete with chocolates.

We had minor problems with plumbing. The toilet kept running but got fixed immediately when we informed reception. At times, the sink emptied very slowly. My key card failed twice during our stay, sending me to the lobby for a replacement. After my second trip, I was told to call down if it happened again and a staff member would come to me.

Wi-fi in the room was free and fast. A computer/printer available to guests for free at the reception desk was much slower but still useful to print boarding passes.

I truly enjoyed my interactions with staff. They were friendly, helpful and a pleasure to deal with. One even managed to rescue me from a jammed zipper on my coat.

I never ate in the hotel dining room, which looked quite pleasant. Instead, I tried nearby cafes for breakfast and went farther afield for lunch and dinner.

The hotel stands about five blocks uphill from the Powell Street Bart Station. The last block is quite steep, which may be a "deal breaker" for some potential guests. There is a cable car stop, however, across the street from the hotel. At $6 a pop for a ride, though, it can be an expensive way to avoid the hill. Muni does offer a couple of special transport passes that include unlimited cable car rides.

Aside from that steep block, the hotel's location is excellent. Many places of interest can be reached easily on foot, such as Union Square, Chinatown, North Beach, Market Street and the theatre district.

Room Tip: Request a high floor at the back to avoid cable car and elevator noise.
Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends