I stayed in the Orchard Hotel for seven nights during Aug 3 to Aug 10 for a conference, and I have to say it's a very good experience.
The Orchard Hotel is right at the center of downtown San Francisco. Its location gives her lots advantage. You can access to most attractions by walk within 30 mins. Cable car stop is around the corner, Chinatown gate is 5 mins away, and Union Square is just two blocks away. SFMOMA, ferry building, BART, and countless restaurants are in walking distance. The only thing bothered me is the noise of trash truck in 3:00 AM. My room faces the back alley and unfortunately I am a shallow sleeper, so I was woke up every night. It lasts about 10 mins and goes back to quietness.
The room is quite spacious with appropriate decoration. Air condition can helps you feel warm in the morning and late night. Staffs are very friendly and helpful.
Here are some tips which can protect your knees in San Francisco:
1. If you wanna go to Fishermen's Wharf, DO NOT take cable car, TAKE F LINE! It's faster, not so crowded, and it has stops for each pier.
2. If you stay in downtown hotels and wanna head to Lombard St., DO NOT take cable car. You should take Line 45 on the Stockton St. and get off at Union & Hyde. Walk along the Hyde and you will find that you are right on the top of Lombard St.. You can take cable car (Powell-Mason line) at the intersection of Columbus & Mason (walk down to the slope, about 300 yards away) back to downtown or for Fishermen's Wharf. Powell-Mason is not crowded but has same fun.
3. Buy Muni Passport or CityPass, they can save you lots money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Orchard Hotel, where boutique elegance and eco-awareness coexist beautifully. A green hotel near Union Square in downtown San Francisco, California, our luxury boutique hotel offers outstanding service and an incomparable location. From our lovely entryway to our well-equipped meeting space, The Orchard Hotel captures the essence of style in San Francisco. At The Orchard Hotel, our distinctive boutique delivers a mix of classic charm, outstanding service and contemporary panache for both business and pleasure travelers. We are one of San Francisco's greenest hotels and one of the very first to earn the US Green Building Council's (USGBC) LEED-EB(R) (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) certification. Additionally, the hotel is recognized as a certified green business by the San Francisco Department of the Environment and proud sister property of California's first LEED-NC(R) certified property - the Orchard Garden Hotel. At The Orchard Hotel, green is a way of life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Orchard Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orchard San Francisco
- Orchard Hotel San Francisco