Like a previous reviewer, my family came for a short visit to San Francisco while spending the majority of our vacation time in beautiful Lake Tahoe. Having not visited the Fisherman's Wharf area for many years, the primary shock was finding the dirty, cheesy state of the wharf. Homeless folks and other unique characters along the streets caused us, my young daughter in particular, to be uncomfortable. But within that disappointing aspect of the neighborhood, we found the Holiday Inn Express a wonderful place to come home to. The hotel seemed quite new and sort of boutique-like in its decor. Rooms and public areas were quite clean and the complimentary continental breakfast was much above average for "budget-style" accomodations. Staff was friendly and always helpful.
The rooms were smallish, and probably not large enough for 4 people, and our room was probably one of many without any view whatsoever. Thankfully we chose this hotel for easy access to the cable cars and other things on our "to do" list. Valet parking was $32.00 per day (before taxes). I felt our car was fairly secure in that lot, however the hotel elevator takes anyone down to the parking area unsupervised.
For our personal tastes, we will likely try a downtown hotel next time we come to San Francisco, not because of the hotel but because of our personal discomfort in the wharf atmosphere. Finding a good rate may be difficult, but location is important to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf