2,853 results
All reviews fisherman's wharf hi express free breakfast great location the breakfast area yogurt family suite cable car within walking distance hollywood cafe ghirardelli square around the corner would stay here again f line per night stayed here for nights valet parking
Reviewed May 7, 2009

We were travelling in a largish group - 7 adults 3 kids and the hotel did their best to ensure we were all on the same floor with rooms as close together as possible. Staff were very accommodating. Unfortunately we were only in San Fran for a couple of nights but could not fault the accommodation nor the city......San Fran is a great destination would definitely stay longer next time and would definitely stay back at Holiday Inn Fisherman's Wharf

Date of stay: October 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Carr_Mob
Reviewed May 5, 2009

This is an above average hotel near Fisherman's Wharf. This hotel (Holiday Inn Express, opposite the Hyatt and Marriott) should not be confused with the Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn Express is a modern, clean hotel that has a quick check-in service. I nearly stayed downtown but I'm glad I didn't - Fisherman's Wharf is the area to stay in if visiting San Francisco as a tourist. The room was very quiet even though the room faced North Point Road. If I went back to San Francisco I would choose this hotel again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank fun2travelCanberra
Reviewed May 1, 2009

Visited the Holiday Inn Express 4/24 - 4/28. Overall, we were happy with the hotel. The location was perfect for us - close to the wharf and local transit. The hotel itself is very nice looking with a modern decor. Our room, single king bed, was more than adequate. Maid service was good. The breakfast was decent for a hotel complimentery breakfast. There was a good selection to get your day started - juice, coffee, tea, milk, cereals, toast, bagels, yogurt, bananas, eggs (either scrambled or omlette which seemed to be prepacked and microwaved), bacon and/or sausage. The hotel was full on the weekend and the breakfast bar was quite busy at times. I felt the hotel did a great job of refilling things and we never had to wait long for anything. We always also managed to find a table for our group of 4.

There were a couple of minor things we noted. While the hotel looked great, it is very basic and didn't have any nice little "extras". I thought it would have been nice to have coffee/tea service in the lobby area throughout the day, not just until 9:30 am - we've had this at other Holiday Inn Express hotels and basic type hotels such as Quality Inns, etc.

Some aspects of service could have been a little better as well. I wanted to have a tea in my room early one evening. I had forgot to take a milk back up to the room in the morning - tea with powdered whitener just isn't that great. I had hoped that the front desk could get me a milk - the breakfast room was just a few steps away - but they were unable to help as their "house man" was not on duty. While I was waiting at the front desk an older man approached and indicated that they had just returned from their day out and their room hadn't been cleaned. The gentleman at the front desk indicated that he "couldn't understand how that could happen, it had never happened before". He asked the guest if he was sure he didn't leave his Do Not Disturb sign on the door. The guest replied he was sure he hadn't. The front desk clerk then proceeded to tell the gentlemant there was nothing he could for him as the cleaning staff were gone for the day and again, the house man was not in. The front desk clerk didn't offer anything to the guest for the inconvenience - he just restated he couldn't understand how that could happen. To me, surely someone could have gone up and emptied the garbages and at least gave them clean towels?

Also, don't forget that parking is very expensive, as is pretty standard with wharf area hotels. We didn't have a vechicle but noticed that the valet parking was over $40 per night.

If we returned to SF, we wouldn't have any hesitation staying at this hotel again as any issues we had were really quite minor.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank DebinthePeg
Reviewed April 28, 2009

Great place to stay and they serve a sumptuous breakfast! Well connected to tourist attractions.

Date of stay: February 2009
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife, and I really liked it.
Location is great, on Fisherman's Wharf.
The room was pretty big, with free Internet access, and a regular TV. There was no refrigator, but there were ice vending machines in the halls.
Service was ok, but they didn't offer to help us with our bags (we had a lot of luggage) when we arrived. They did have the room available a couple of hours before check in time, which was great for us.
I really recommend this hotel. I really liked it.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple