Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #56 of 233 Hotels in San Francisco
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Amazing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Arrived a few hours before check in, but they had room for me and I was able to check in straight away. The room was nice, very comfy and huge bed! All tv channels. my room was on the second floor looking out on the road, there was a little bit of car traffic and tram noise-but it really did not bother me at all. The location was amazing to fishermans warf! I did a bus tour and it was such a quick walk to there offices, also a 10 minute walk to the pier where alcatraz tour leaves! I still had a full day left in San Fran and they kept my bags for the day which was very handy! I never had the free breakfast but enjoyed the free wifi! I did book my room only a week in advance so was a bit more expensive but was a great stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank JaneA1990
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Hello and thank you so much for staying as well as sharing you thoughts. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay as well as our location. Thanks again and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

First commendation was the efficiency and welcome from the car parking and reception staff. Room was spacious, light , comfortable, clean and peaceful.Situated in an ideal place to explore the city and also within walking distance to shops and the Wharf. Also close to trams to take me out and about.

The weather when we were there was extremely hot but this didn't stop us from exploring the city. Nice to wander the streets near the Wharf. The Ferry Building was a great area full of food stores, just a shame I couldn't take anything back to England with me. Found some really great restaurants.

One tiny thing against the hotel was the fact that a huge tour bus party were also staying, this meant that the dining area was so noisy and busy. However, a few doors down from the hotel was a great cafe, serving delicious food.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you so much for staying as well as posting your thoughts. So glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you soon.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights for work related training. Room was spotless, bed was so comfortable, I wished I could have just lounged all day! Breakfast was okay, lots of options available and everything was well stocked and clean despite ALOT of guests lining up at 630a to get a start. Front desk were excellent and concierge was esp helpful; there was a Muni bus strike going on and the concierge offered to leave me a list of cab company phone numbers for me to use while there. The list was waiting for me at the front the desk next morning and I fully used Yellow Cab the entire time I was there. (Yellow Cab was excellent too, spotless cabs and drivers, all totally professional). About the only negative I have to say was the Valet was less than friendly when I checked in and when I checked out. He acted like he'd rather be elsewhere and wasn't very friendly or helpful in comparison to all the rest of the staff. I thot maybe he just had a bad day when I arrived my first day, but the attitude still persisted 4 days later. This is the only reason I didn't give a full 5 stars. Otherwise, Ive stayed here before (next door at the other Holi Inn) and I love the location and have always recommended this location to everyone we send out to San Francisco over the years. I will recommend this Express Hotel location too, I just wish I had been able to secure a room with a bit of a view for my stay...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hello, Thank you so much for staying and I am so glad you enjoyed it. Hope to see you soon and thanks again !.
Minden, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night as we were going to the SF Giants game the next day and wanted to enjoy the wharf and Pier 39 the night before. This is a great location. The staff was very welcoming and check in and out was very quick and efficient. The room had a great bed. It had everything we needed. There isn't a fridge or microwave, but for 1 night we didn't need it. It was very quiet. The breakfast room was very big and had a great variety of a lot of things. We have stayed at different hotels in this area and this was our favorite. We would definitely stay here again. Also, parking was only $45 for the night which is less than other hotels.

Room Tip: We had a room in the back and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Hello, and thank you so much for staying. Hope to see you soon at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites
grottoes, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in May. We had reserved a room with 1 king bed, but our daughter decided to come down from Redding so they kindly put us in a room with 2 queens. Very comfortable room. From the mattress and pillows to the sofa in front of the window that looked straight out at Alcatraz! Very clean and modern. We were on the top floor and the hallway window had a perfect view of the Bay Bridge.

This hotel is within walking distance to the cable car turnaround at Hyde Street, Pier 39 and the sea lions, Ghiradelli Square, and tons of restaurants. There is also a trolley stop just outside of the door.

The breakfast they served was really good. Plenty of different types of food, from eggs and sausage to oatmeal, to fresh fruit and more. We did not have any problem finding a place to sit and enjoy our breakfast.

When it came time to check out they let us keep our car in the valet parking until 6p.m. so we could enjoy our last hours in this wonderful city without trying to find parking elsewhere.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. It is top notch in my book. We will definitely stay here when we visit San Francisco again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Hello, Thanks so much for the kind words and for staying. We hope to see you soon.
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 6 dats. Walking distance to everything. ..walked to Wharf..Pier. ..Ghiardellis...even Lombard St. We had a suite..
Fit 4 of us comfortably. . Has 2 double beds and pull out sofa
..Also fridge and small kitchen sink , microwave and small counterspace. Breakfast was included ....which for free wasn't all that bad. Downfall is parking was $45 per day. .but was told in comparison to some other places to park wasn't so bad for San Fransisco!!! Can't wait to go back!!!!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank dizneegal
Hello, Thank you so much for staying with us as as well as posting your thoughts. Hope to see you soon and thank you.
Shaftesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a one night stay and wanted to be close to Fishermans Wharf. This was well located just minutes away and felt very safe. The staff were really pleasant and the hotel clean and beds comfortable,would recommend it. We did not get to try breakfast but to be honest there are lots of places to eat locally. Make sure the cab knows its express as the sister hotel is a block away.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Wai Man C
Brainchip, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Hello,

so glad you had a great stay !! hope to see you soon