We spent the last 4 days of our holiday in San Francisco and stayed at this hotel. We arrived late afternoon and checked in to our rooms, we had requested that the two rooms be next to each other but we were unable to have this even though we were on the same floor. The hotel is in a great location just two blocks back from the Wharf and about a 10 minute walk from Pier 39. There are lots of souvenir shops in this area with all the tacky souvenirs to remember your time in San Francisco.
Our room had a double bed and the room was quite small but still comfortable as we were only there to sleep. Our room had a window which looked onto a concrete courtyard area with all the other rooms windows overlooking the same view. Our kids in the other room had two double beds and had a view over the street which led down to the Wharf.
The staff were polite but not as personable as at other hotels that we stayed at. They were very happy to look after our luggage after we checked out on our last day, as our flight was not until later in the afternoon.
Breakfast was included in the room rate and started at 6.30am until 9.30am.. There are a few tables in the lobby and some in the actual breakfast room. There was quite a good selection for breakfast such as cereal, bagels, hot food, eggs, waffles and pancakes. Each day there was something different for the hot food. Tea and coffee and juice was also available and youghurt and small cartons of milk. You did have the choice to take breakfast back to your room, which we took some of the yoghurts and milk so we could make a coffee in our room later in the afternoons. Make sure you are there early for breakfast as they close the doors at 9.30 sharp and you cannot get in to get the food.
The hotel is located close to the stop for the Hop-on Hop-off bus which allows you to tour around the city. We purchased the 48 hour ticket which also included a night tour. Make sure you have a jacket and hat if your on this tour during the cooler months as San Francisco is quite a windy city and it can get quite cool if you are sitting up stairs on the double decker buses.
We spent New Years Eve at Pier 39, listening to the Sea Lions because we could not see them in the dark!!!! We watched the fireworks and then headed back to the hotel.
There are plenty of reataurants in this area as long as you like seafood..... Funny seeing as it is called Fisherman's Wharf!!! There are some different types of restaurants like Johnny Rockets and In-Out Burgers and we also had dinner at a very nice Italian restaurant.
Ghiradelli Square is about 3 blocks form this hotel and is a nice way to spend a morning having a nice hot coffee and eating yummy chocolate. There is also a stop for the Cable Cars near the square also. If you are going to go on the Cable Cars make sure you get there early also as the ques get very long and the wait is just as long. We unfortunately missed out on the experience.
All in all this hotel was a good choice for us as it was located close to all the attractions we wanted to see. Alcatraz Wharf is about a 20 minute walk from it. You cannot see the Golden Gate Bridge but are able to get it on the Hop-On Hop-Off bus or hire abike from one of the many hire shops and ride there. Lombard St is also close by and you can walk there if you don't mind a walk up a little hill!!!!!
We would recommend this hotel for the location and would stay here again if we were travelling to San Francisco.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, IHG, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf