We Booked The Holiday Inn Express almost a year before travelling for our vacation to San Francisco to celebrate our 37th wedding anniverary..
In the meantime I had read many reports on this hotel, some good, some not so good so we arrived with certain reservations but from the moment we approached the check in desk these were dispelled.
We were given a warm welcome and a room on the third floor, right over the reception area and overlooking The Hyatt Hotel over the road. The road could be busy at times but any noise that came from that did not bother us in the slightest. Our room was generous in proportion, very clean and tidy and we were delighted with it. The bathroom was of a ten out of ten standard.
We made full use of the free Wifi in the public area's on an evening and although the room only offered up a wired connection, we did not find that an inconvenience, especially after I discovered the laptop I purchased especially for this trip had not got an ethernet socket!!! There were two Complimentary desk top computers in a small business centre off the lobby, one for dedicated booking in online, for return air travel. There is also printers wired up to these.
The breakfast on offer suited us just fine, plenty of choice and items replenished regularly. I even saw some peoples special requests being catered for, boiled eggs, for instance. We got seated, without a problem, in the restaurant every day although Sunday we waited for a few minutes as this turned out to be the busiest day. To be expected with so much happening in the city.
The public areas were well presented and comfortable and all the staff we encountered pleasant and helpful.
There were to two elevators serving the upper floors. One morning one of those was out of commision but when we returned later in the day it had been returned to service.
The position of this hotel is just away from the hustle and bustle of the wharf but with all amenities close by within an easy walk.
Overall I can think of no negatives to say about this hotel and when we return to San Francisco, withoiut hesitation I shall look The Holiday Inn Express up first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether for business or leisure, reserve a stay at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in San Francisco Fisherman s Wharf. At a top option among San Francisco hotels near Fisherman s Wharf, delight in a locale with easy access to attractions including: Pier 39, Ghirardelli Square, Alcatraz and Bay Cruise Ferries while cable cars nearby provide transportation to Union Square, Chinatown and Moscone Convention Center. Experience the Bay City from the comfort of our San Francisco lodging. Enjoy a complimentary continental breakfast at our downtown San Francisco, California hotel before exploring the area. At day s end, retreat to our San Francisco hotel and unwind in a spacious room appointed with our plush Simple Smart Bedding Collection and complimentary Wi-Fi. Upgrade to our San Francisco suites providing wet bars with microwaves and refrigerators. Complimentary amenities include local phone calls, a business center and a fitness center. Travel San Francisco and book your room at Holiday Inn Express Fisherman s Wharf hotel for unrivaled comfort and value. Check our specials for superb savings on San Francisco, California vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites San Francisco Fisherman's Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites San Francisco Fisherman`s Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Fishermans Wharf
- Holiday Inn Express Fishermans Wharf