“Pretty okay food, rude waiter” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gott's Roadside

Gott's Roadside
Ranked #68 of 5,626 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gott's Roadside is a different kind of burger joint. We serve juicy cheeseburgers with thick chocolate shakes, but our versions of these American classics are made-to-order from top-notch, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu goes beyond the beef to include a renowned Ahi tuna burger, fresh salads and tacos. Try finding those at your average drive-in. Our commitment to local sourcing also extends to the glass: our list of California wines and beers means you can order a cheeseburger with a high-end Napa Valley cabernet, or sip a San Francisco-brewed Anchor Steam alongside your spicy, sweet potato fries.
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Pretty okay food, rude waiter”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

A pretty good cheap eat. Great burger which was decent size, unfortunately served with cold chips. Still enjoyed the food but was kind of disappointing because when I treat myself I want it to be damned magnificent.

There was a massive lunch rush which could be a reason why my experience was average but that isn't any excuse for bad service. The girl who served me was rude and intolerant. Just because I had a different accent (New Zealand) she treated me as if I was simple and couldn't be bothered with me, giving me sour looks as I placed my order.

Will be taking my next burger experience elsewhere next time.

Visited July 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London
“Really, really great burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Popped in here after an evening tour of Alcatraz, as not many places were still open.

I was pleasantly surprised - it's a self-service burger place, but the burgers were amazingly good. They weren't massive, or gimmicky: they were just fab simple burgers.

The onions rings we had were big, with crisp batter... And the milkshakes were suitably indulgent.

If you want great a honest burger, I can throughly recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
Brentwood, California
“Fries equal to In 'N Out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Burgers and fries equivalent to In 'n Out. My niece was dying for burgers and fries and the Exploratorium didn't serve fries. This restaurant is located less than a half mile south of the Exploratorium.

Visited July 2013
Williamsburg, Virginia
“I love their shakes!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

To beat the heat of the 4th of July, do stop here to get a shake. My favorite is the white pistachio! It's unbelievable! It has a bunch of real pistachios in the bottom to complement an amazing shake. Highly highly highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
Holly Springs, North Carolina
“Great place for burgers while in San Francisco”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stoope her for lunch based on a recommendation. Definite throwback to earlier time in the burger business. Order at the counter and wait while it is freshly prepared. Similar to the Varsity in Atlanta but more gourmet. Try the garlic fries, super! Great place for a quick bit and fun atmosphere. Located in the Ferry building which also is great place to shop and people watch.

• Visited June 2013