“favorite burger joint”

Gott's Roadside
Ranked #68 of 5,664 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Gott's Roadside is a different kind of burger joint. We serve juicy cheeseburgers with thick chocolate shakes, but our versions of these American classics are made-to-order from top-notch, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu goes beyond the beef to include a renowned Ahi tuna burger, fresh salads and tacos. Try finding those at your average drive-in. Our commitment to local sourcing also extends to the glass: our list of California wines and beers means you can order a cheeseburger with a high-end Napa Valley cabernet, or sip a San Francisco-brewed Anchor Steam alongside your spicy, sweet potato fries.
Rocklin, California
“favorite burger joint”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My absolute favorite place to go with my family if we are in the Embarcadero area. Gott's is a burger joint, but maybe a little different from the ones you're used to. They have solid options in the burger department, but also with good non-burger options. The Chinese chicken salad, spicy tomato soup, the milkshakes, are all worth a try. . I LOVE the fish tacos, sweet potato fries (with their yummy ranchy sauce) the chili cheese fries are also awesome, and mmmm mmmm shakes. They give you one of those electronic order tracker that vibrates when your food is ready so you can go find a seat and get comfortable, tons of places to sit and eat inside and outside

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good tasty burgers, Eat at Gott's”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Another trip advisor recommendation we picked up before our recent holiday, did not disappoint. Gott's was fast food like in looks but with a far superior outcome. Tasty succulent burgers and fantastic shakes were to be found here. I had the Wisconsin Sourdough and it was juicy and full of flavour. On a later visit my wife had the chocolate coconut milkshake which was simply heavenly.

• Visited May 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
“So far, the best burger”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

I havent tried a lot of burgers in america, but this place I was fantastic. The best in my life, since I dont live in a country of hamburgers.... Juicy, balanced and the garlic fries was so good... We tried the blue cheese burger and the tuna ahi. Its a bit crowded and pricy, since it's a touristic place.

• Visited May 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Three shakes in two days”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Needless to say, the chocolate shakes are great. We also had the texan burger which was also delicious with the crunchy pickled jalapenos.

Corona
“Best Burger in SF!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Gott's Roadside (which used to be called Taylor's Automatic Refresher) has some of the best burgers I've had anywhere. I consider their burgers to be pretty much the Gold standard when I'm on a quest for delicious hamburgers. Yes, it's a touristy kind of place, and that's why I don't give it 5 stars; anyplace that you walk up to the counter to order is not a 5 star place, but the food really is outstanding. I make it a point to go to Gott's every time that I'm in the great city of San Francisco, and it never disappoints. Delicious onion rings and fries too, but it is really all about the burger. Get one, you'll like it!

• Visited November 2012