“Divine burgers in great location”
Review of Gott's Roadside

Gott's Roadside
Ranked #82 of 5,866 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Gott's Roadside is a different kind of burger joint. We serve juicy cheeseburgers with thick chocolate shakes, but our versions of these American classics are made-to-order from top-notch, locally sourced ingredients. Our menu goes beyond the beef to include a renowned Ahi tuna burger, fresh salads and tacos. Try finding those at your average drive-in. Our commitment to local sourcing also extends to the glass: our list of California wines and beers means you can order a cheeseburger with a high-end Napa Valley cabernet, or sip a San Francisco-brewed Anchor Steam alongside your spicy, sweet potato fries.
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is not your regular burger joint. These are gourmet burgers and are divine. The selection is fabulous, including fish tacos, chicken sandwiches, salads, etc. My favorite is the mushroom and swiss burger on sourdough bread, although the buns on the other burgers are great. The fries are delicious and the garlic aioli that comes with the sweet potato fries is yummy. The sweet potato fries are thinner than I would like, but it didn't stop me from devouring them. The milkshakes are the real deal-superb! It is great to sit outside (bring a jacket if it is a cool day) and people watch. Food is expensive if you think about having burgers, but is definitely worth it. Our family loves coming here. Enjoy! We also enjoy visiting the St. Helena location.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

The food was delicious. Absolutely wonderful experience.

On an end of the ferry house, prepare yourself to sand in line for a little while (we waited about 20 minutes). I can assure you it is well worth the wait.

Our party was 8 midwesterners strong, and consisted of a few hard to please pallets. They offer a full menu ranging from ahi tuna tacos, to perfectly prepared burgers on sourdough bread. The garlic fries, and black and white shakes are both must haves.

I would return in an instant.

Small side note, for the ladies who may find a need to use the restroom, find the one located upstairs. It is much less crowded than the one one ground level.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Next to the Bay Bridge, Gott's is an ideal quick meal. It's not the typical greasy burger joint but burgers and other sandwiches with a flair. The garlic and parsley fries are extraordinary, while the pistachio shake is unbelievable! Fast service and reasonable prices. Seatings a little tough even later at night...but it's understandable while it's a favorite!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had previously had Gott's (formerly Taylor's Refresher in Napa) and were excited when wandering around the ferry building and saw this! Amazing burgers and delicious fries. Skip In-N-out and go here!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We read all of the great reviews of this place, and the family had had enough seafood for a while, so we decided to try this place to get chicken strips and burgers.

First of all, I know that SF is an expensive city, but over $60 for burgers and they don't even bring them to the table?

To be fair, my wife and son enjoyed the chicken strips. I ordered the tuna sandwich. It was billed as seared rare, but it was welll done, way past where it should have been. Also it was billed as having slaw, although I had assumed it would a fairly crunchy dry slaw like on a fish taco. What it was was a goopy mess. I could barely get half way through his $15 mess and gave up. My other son ordered one of the burgers. He stopped eating after two bites. You don't know my son, but usually he has finished his burger before I have put the mustard on mine. I took a bite of his burger and it was terrible. It had an onion ring on it that has severly under-cooked and it was one of the most bitter onions I have ever tasted. It took both of us the rest of the evening and a few altoids to get the taste out of our mouths.

So basically, we spent $60 on take-out food and half of it was inedible. As for the $ sings below, it really falls into the two sign territory although it is only counter service. By far the worst meal we had in San Francisco.