“Our kids still talk about it”
Review of Don Pisto's

Don Pisto's
Ranked #71 of 5,925 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: North Beach / Telegraph Hill
Reviewed April 7, 2013

A parent at a playground recommended this place to us out-of-towners. It wasn't really a family restaurant, but they welcomed us in, and our kids loved the menu (and the classic bottle of Coke!). Probably one of the best meals we all had on our 2 week trip.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

This is a great little (actually it is small) restaurant that serves Mexican food with a twist. We loved the chorizo mussels and the poc chuk-pork with orange chili marinade and spicy cucumber salad. Get there early or you will have a long wait. Worth the wait though!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

It was our second night in San Francisco when my daughter and I discovered Don Pisto's right down the street from our apartment. First of all they offered a michalada...my favorite Mexican beer, hot sauce, lime and salt YUM.
The food has a Mexican flavor but with mucho class...fich tacos were great. Fresh oysters from San Francisco...amazing!!! And the cerviche was the best....even better than my own. I wish I could eat there every night.
And our server was so nice...I really loved her.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This restaurant was a great little local restaurant. The food was extremely tasty and fresh. Service was fast and friendly. It definitely isn't fine dinning, but was the best Mexican food we have eaten.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was our second time eating at Don Pistos. The food was very good. The carnitas were terriffic as was my husbands hamburger ( what do they call it?) We ended up drinking the Merlot with our dinner and that was great, also.