“Cheap and delicious”

Pica Pica Arepa Kitchen
Ranked #480 of 5,644 Restaurants in San Francisco
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mission District
Description: Pica Pica's signature dish is the arepa, a grilled corn pocket crunchy on the outside, moist on the inside, and stuffed with your choice of slow-cooked meats, beans, plantains, cheese or vegetables. . . All inspired by traditional family recipes. These recipes offer a distinctive combination of sweet, savory and spicy flavors that are the soul and signature of Venezuelan cuisine. Some feel the taste is reminiscent of their Latin culinary heritage; others find it exotic, tropical and adventuresome, inviting travel and discovery. When someone bites into an Arepa de Pabellon and says it is the most amazing food he or she has ever tasted, we are reminded of why we brought our food to California. Our menu also offers sides to share (yuca fries, sweet plantains, empanadas, plantain and taro chips, ceviche) as well as salads, platters, desserts, fresh juices, beer and wine.
Melbourne, Australia
“Cheap and delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I read about this place on yelp and it didn't disappoint. It was really affordable and seemed to be local hangout with lots of drop ins and take away orders. It's not trendy as some of the other options like tacalicious which was great, but the food was simple and tasty and really affordable. The cream caramel was insanely good.

• Visited August 2013

“Get the nachos.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have never had Venezuelan food before, but this was a great introduction! The nachos are fabulous! The cheese empanadas are really good, but the beef are bland. I didn't have the arepas, but my sister in law did and said it was really good. The garlic aioli is mmmm yummy. The coconut quesilla is also really good... It's like coconut flavored flan.

• Visited August 2013
Sacramento, California
“Great food in the Mission District, 100% gluten free”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

hey everyone who is looking for gluten free restaurants in San Francisco, I found one (and I was looking, just noticed the feature).
We had a lovely lunch. I had grilled chicken with loads of interesting veggies. AND, coconut milk with lime! it was great!

Visited June 2013
Pahoa, Hawaii
“Gluten Free? No Problem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The happy energy from the pleasant staff was very refreshing and a testament how good a gluten free diet makes you feel. The food was fresh, clear and made with love. I would eat here again and again.

• Visited April 2013
Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Yummy Gluten Free!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

There food is amazing and so fresh and tasty ! My Girl friend and i Went based on other reviews we ordered the Pernil Maze and a Pernil Arepa one is plane corn and one is sweet corn bun with pork tomatoes and avocados,lettuce. The Sandwiches comes with cole slaw. we also ordered yucca fries and Calistoga waters. Love the food and service was fast and friendly! Diego was very helpful with our ordering process .. I absolutely love the slaw!! I was so glad to have a gluten free sand wich
They have three different sauces on the table very spicy habanero! I watched them serve several dishes to various tables, very nice looking fresh spring mix salad with avacados. I was so full after lunch I did not eat dinner! Very reasonable for SF!
I will return when I come to SF again!