“Very good food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

So we came after a long day of sight seeing and just wanted something easy. The food was fantastic. The only downside (from a British point of view) is that the food came at all different times. We ordered a starter and a main each - my fiancée's starter and main came together about 5 mins before mine came (also together).

But it was very good food. The staff were attentive and filled our water regularly etc. Also it wasn't that expensive for the quality of food you get.

I'd recommend for good Japanese food.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (386)

Reviewed August 18, 2016 via mobile

Located just off of union Square this is a cramped dumpy place that serves some of the most delicious noodles in town. Go for the noodles, not the ambiance. I make this a regular stop whenever I am in town. KService is really fast. Usually crowded, go in the off hours.

Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Being honest we had never tried or heard of some of the dishes being served. We tried it anyways lol. Very small and cramped restaurant with so so service. Would not go back. The water tasted really really bad for whatever reason. I ordered some kind of tempura with Shrimp and rice. Only had one small piece of shrimp. We ordered fried oysters as a appetizer and they were served when we were finished with our entrees. Would not go back

Reviewed August 8, 2016

I came here relying on the positive reviews. Boy, was I disappointed - and actually feel bad for people who think this is good Japanese food. If you want authentic Japanese food, this is not the place. I came here with family members. We ordered sushi rolls and the soba noodles (warm). The sushi rolls are very small - I can get better tasting sushi for half the price in the Midwest (where there are no oceans, go figure). For $10, the noodles were a joke. We had to add soy sauce because it was so bland and watery. The place was pretty busy but I have to believe that the majority are tourists (as we were) since I can't imagine people coming back here. Anyway, I was compelled to write so other fellow tourists can go in here with eyes wide open.

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

If you have curly hair or round eyes you are going to spend a minute feeling out of place in this cramped, busy place. Get over it, because, although you are almost certainly in the ethnic minority here, nobody else seems to notice. They are too busy eating. The staff are welcoming in the uneffusive way of Japan. Some reviewers described it as unfriendly. Not. Grab a tiny table or a bit of real estate at the miniature bar, (plan to divide your group if more than four) order the combination of tempura and sushi, and maybe a little hot sake, and plan on a deeply satisfying meal.

It is rare to find distinctive food this good so close to tourist territory (it's only a block off Union Square). There is often a traffic jam at the door, but it moves fast.