Tripadvisor
San Francisco
Post
Inbox
Search

“Great place for authentic lunch”
Review of Dojima-Ann

Dojima-Ann
Ranked #291 of 6,447 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed October 9, 2014 via mobile

I last ate here several years ago, happened to be in the area and decided to have a late lunch. The food and service were very good and very authentic. Had a bento lunch with fried oysters and teriyaki salmon. Great!

Date of visit: October 2014
Write a reviewReviews (399)

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I went there with some friends two times for lunch. The first time I tried udon and it good but nothing special. Then the second time I ordered the lunch box with tempura and that one was really good, also for a reasonable price.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed August 16, 2014

This was one of the spot that I was planning to go. This teishokuya closes too early, not like in NYC! We were there about 9pm, and there was still a line although very short. The place is so small that there was no place to wait. It's a good thing that SF has the mild weather for people to wait outside. This is a teishoku restaurant - you can get many varieties of food. This is not a place to eat sushi, people! Enjoy everyday Japanese meals!

My mom and nephew visiting from Tokyo had no problem deciding what they would like t order, but we, coming from NY, had a terrible time deciding what to order as everything looked so good!
I saw some negative reviews on their service, but our server was great!

Tendon looked so good - I changed my mind in the last minute and ordered the nabeyali udon. It was very good. Now I want that tendon!!

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank Cattledogs
Reviewed July 23, 2014

On my visits to this restaurant it is consistently good. Very tight seating, so I would probably only come here with 4 people max; 2 if you don't want to wait. I came here by myself one time and saw a party of five waiting and it was a good 30 minute wait while parties of 2 were seated immediately. Good combos of udon and donburi and a great kaki fried (oysters). They don't short you on the combos either - I think you get a full order of both dishes in the combo. There are a few different options for Japanese in the area that I have tried, and this is the only one that I have returned to.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank therockandsister
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I'll be back to this resto
Love the pork katsu don , good price , small restaurant but good decoration, look bigger , when i comeback to san francisco , i would come back to this restaurant , im stay at hilton union square , only 2minutes walk to this place