TripAdvisor
San Francisco
Post
Inbox
Search

“found this place by accident”
Review of Dojima-Ann

Dojima-Ann
Ranked #304 of 6,918 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Ate here on a Sunday Night. I didn't think that food places would close early in a city like San Francisco. As I was walking back from Jack-in-the-Box towards the hostel, I found this place and made some room because I know I'd regret leaving SF without trying their Japanese. Fast Service, Good Price. Tonkatsu Curry, can't beat it.

Date of visit: July 2013
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a good place to have lunch and stumbled across this little restaurant. The beef curry udon was so good, we went back for lunch the following two days we were in SF. The service is not all that great, however, it was well worth the hassle to have the best Udon I have ever had in my life. The restaurant is tiny, so you need to get there before the lunch/dinner rush or expect to wait.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

loved this sushi place! it was tiny but the sushi was so fresh and tasty. plenty of options and the staff is very friendly and accommodating of large parties.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is an authentic Japanese restaurant very close to Union Square. It was bustling with activity the night we were there and I'm sure that this was due to the offering of great food and great value! The food was plentiful and very tasty and there was a good selection of wine and beer. It is right near the busy shopping centre of Union Square so it would make an ideal lunch or dinner retreat so as to recharge your tired batteries!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I ran into this place by luck after a co-worker was shopping for souvenirs on the same street. I saw the restaurant and was intrigued. I took a look inside and saw that it was mostly Japanese people and I immediately knew I had to find time to try it. The food is delicious and of great value. I had the Udon, which was pretty good, but the best deal is the combination dinner where you choose 2 items for 17.95$. It comes with soup, salad and rice. The place is relatively small, so expect a little wait during rush time, but the service was fast.

Date of visit: June 2013