“great sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed July 25, 2013

loved this sushi place! it was tiny but the sushi was so fresh and tasty. plenty of options and the staff is very friendly and accommodating of large parties.

Date of visit: July 2013
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is an authentic Japanese restaurant very close to Union Square. It was bustling with activity the night we were there and I'm sure that this was due to the offering of great food and great value! The food was plentiful and very tasty and there was a good selection of wine and beer. It is right near the busy shopping centre of Union Square so it would make an ideal lunch or dinner retreat so as to recharge your tired batteries!

Date of visit: July 2013
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I ran into this place by luck after a co-worker was shopping for souvenirs on the same street. I saw the restaurant and was intrigued. I took a look inside and saw that it was mostly Japanese people and I immediately knew I had to find time to try it. The food is delicious and of great value. I had the Udon, which was pretty good, but the best deal is the combination dinner where you choose 2 items for 17.95$. It comes with soup, salad and rice. The place is relatively small, so expect a little wait during rush time, but the service was fast.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I needed food near our hotel after a missed lunch on the flight. This was a pleasant, reasonably priced surprise. The waitress took her time going through the menu with us and we chose a variety. The 49er Roll was great, the Spider roll a little different (not our favorite). The cold soba noodles with yam was great! My husband had the sticky, fermented soybean soba (caution: raw egg). Good experience.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place is not just a sushi place, which I liked. The rice dish (a donburi with pork) was good, and the noodle dishes and tempura looked good (but I was by myself so I didn't get to try a lot of other dishes). Good selection of Japanese beers, which you don't usually see. I thought the price was reasonable. Usually I sit at the bar, but the counter here was not very attractive.

Date of visit: April 2013