TripAdvisor
San Francisco
Post
Inbox
Search

“Excellent Japanese food in San Francisco”
Review of Dojima-Ann

Dojima-Ann
Ranked #304 of 6,918 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Neighborhood: Union Square
Neighborhood: Union Square
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I ran into this place by luck after a co-worker was shopping for souvenirs on the same street. I saw the restaurant and was intrigued. I took a look inside and saw that it was mostly Japanese people and I immediately knew I had to find time to try it. The food is delicious and of great value. I had the Udon, which was pretty good, but the best deal is the combination dinner where you choose 2 items for 17.95$. It comes with soup, salad and rice. The place is relatively small, so expect a little wait during rush time, but the service was fast.

Date of visit: June 2013
Write a reviewReviews (396)

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I needed food near our hotel after a missed lunch on the flight. This was a pleasant, reasonably priced surprise. The waitress took her time going through the menu with us and we chose a variety. The 49er Roll was great, the Spider roll a little different (not our favorite). The cold soba noodles with yam was great! My husband had the sticky, fermented soybean soba (caution: raw egg). Good experience.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This place is not just a sushi place, which I liked. The rice dish (a donburi with pork) was good, and the noodle dishes and tempura looked good (but I was by myself so I didn't get to try a lot of other dishes). Good selection of Japanese beers, which you don't usually see. I thought the price was reasonable. Usually I sit at the bar, but the counter here was not very attractive.

Date of visit: April 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Fast service, very good soups and rolls, I keep coming back whenever I am in the neighborhood. The agadashi tofu is on the sweet side, but that is the only dish I would pass on.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The food is really tasty here. We used it as an Izakaya to try the rare Echigo beer of Niigata prefecture and some Atsukan hot sake plus various dishes ranging from sushi and rolls to fried kaki. The idea of Izakaya is to order several dishes to share over drinks. The bill was a reasonable 45 bucks pp which is way cheaper than Tokyo for the same quality. The service however was not as good, it was a bit slow and you one had to try hard to the attention of the servers. Overall, three and a half to four is a fair rating.

Date of visit: February 2013