“Fantastic way to visit wine country.”
Review of Vin Ambassador

Vin Ambassador
Ranked #150 of 298 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Vin Ambassador provides privately guided sommelier wine tours. Our mission is to transform renowned regions into meaningful destinations.
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was the most enjoyable visit to the wine country I've ever experienced. Many thanks to Andres for sharing his knowledge of wine, making us feel special, and going over and above the call of duty to make us feel special. We ended the day feeling that we made a new friend. Thanks Andres!

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Vin Ambassador is a very easy company to work with. Andres and his team are thoughtful and take time during their pre-trip screening process. They want to understand what you are looking for when planning a trip up to the Wine Country. They make it easy to explore the Wine Country and drink and eat delicious treats along the way. Vin Ambassador is about luxuary, but they aren't pretentious or stuffy at all. If you are a novice about wine, they will coach you on terms and how the day will go. If you are an expert on wine, they will bring to the spots that are challenging to go to. They create experiences that you will not find anywhere. Also, with those hard to get dining reservations, they have great contacts as well with tops restaurants. My experience recently was fantastic as I got to see a bigger production as well as a smaller production and understand the differences between those wineries. Good times for all when you go with Vin Ambassador!

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Wanted to take my best friend and her husband to wine country for their anniversary weekend trip to SF. We wanted to enjoy ourselves and not worry about driving etc so decided to allow Vin Ambassador create our itinerary and tour us around. We were picked up in a beautiful Mercedes Benz Extended SUV (second back row seats!) fully stocked with tons of bottled water and we were on our way! We previously gave our guide a few details on what kind of experience we were looking to have and just on the small amount of information he was given, he by far exceeded our expectations. My best friend is hard to impress as she likes special moments to be just perfect and she was blown away. We were taken to beautiful wineries and were given the royal treatment by all the vintners, all made possible by the special and long standing personal relationships between Vin Ambassador and the proprietors. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable, educating us on process, history etc without overdoing it and answered every question we had. Very relaxing. Such an amazing day, in the most beautiful settings with the most gracious guide. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. I would HIGHLY recommend Vin Ambassador services.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

When in Wine Country - Hook up with Andres' crew for an awesome tour of cool estate vineyards. Andres fun to hang with, so it doesn't seem like you are being escorted, its like you have a buddy who is connected and your out for the day. Ask about Palmaz, Elkhorn Ranch, Jessup Cellars and Boyd Family...

Reviewed May 27, 2011

As a Concierge at a Luxury Brand Hotel in San Francisco, I have worked with Andres, Founder & Sommelier at Vin Ambassador, for several years in arranging for my guests to have private, guided tours in the Wine Country. My guests naturally have a higher level of expectation for services we provide for them and Vin Ambassador is a wonderful extension of our excellence and values. My guests are always extremely satisfied and engaged with Andres and the other members of his team. They are always professional, and provide my guests with fascinating knowledge about wine and the Wine Country.

I recently had the pleasure of venturing out with Andres and Julien of V.A. to do a little research and experience what my guests might get to enjoy on their tours. We visited two wonderfully accommodating and beautiful wineries; Round Pond & Gargiulo. It was so thoughtful of Andres to take us to two very different wineries so that we could get a feel for the diversity that the Wine Country has to offer. Both were absolutely beautiful in their respective ways. Round Pond offers a perfect Al Fresco Lunch with wine, estate olive oil and vinegar tastings. After taking a stroll through the estate fruit and vegetable gardens, I look forward to trying their "Garden to Table" Brunch on Sundays soon. At Gargiulo, the views of the vines along the rolling hills are breathtaking. As a smaller, more intimate winery, it offered serene locations to sit and take in the beauty around us while enjoying some fantastic wines.
Our day ended with a stroll through charming Yountville and a stop at Bouchon Bakery for some of Thomas Keller's famous treats. Perfect way to end the day!

I highly recommend Andres and his team at Vin Ambassador. I am confident that my guests will always be in the best hands for their Wine Country excursions.