“Unforgettable!”

Marrakech Magic Theater
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This unforgettable evening begins as you enter into a historic speakeasy. The perfect setting for a remarkable evening of entertainment. Upon entering you will be escorted into the Oasis Lounge where you will witnesses world class sleight-of-hand magic prior to the main performance. A wonderful assortment of drinks and Moroccan appetizers are available for purchase prior to the show. You will then be escorted into our intimate showroom for Jay Alexander‘s unforgettable performance of magic, mentalism, and psychological feats such as human lie detection. This evening of entertainment will lift your spirits and leave a lasting memory. Find out why Bono of U2 called it “Astonishing” and Monty Python’s John Cleese said it was “Wonderful!" You'll witness intriguing feats of mentalism, sleight-of-hand miracles, and throughout, Jay Alexander’s clean comedy will keep you laughing! Get your tickets today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Don't be put off by spending $45 on a magic show, I'm a student but I'm so glad I decided to come to this show! Peter Morrison the magican is incredibly welcoming to all of his guests (get there an hour before your show starts to see amazing personal magic tricks) and his dedication and love of magic are evident during his show! Amazingly nice guy couldn't recommend this more highly!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Magical night out with the girls thanks to Peter Morrison. I had no idea what to expect. At first I wondered how he was going to entertain us in the first room we were in. Turns out it was just the waiting room. Peter took his time to get to meet all of his guests and perform some individual magic tricks for them. He then personally seated everyone in another smaller room which had levels so we could all easily see the stage. It is a small venue; very up close and personal which makes it even more intriguing. His humor, charm and wit all just add to his ability as a magician. It was wonderful!!! Can't wait to take my husband and son. (How the heck does he do those tricks??! Lol)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I had the pleasure of experiencing this show last weekend and have nothing but good things to say. Peter is genuinely talented with the gift to entertain and connect with people. It is very clear that he truly enjoys performing ,which I feel was the key to making this show spectacular. He performed with finesse and not a second of it was contrived. For those of you with even an iota of stage fright he energetically provided a comfortable setting in this intimate ornate little gem of a theater that it would almost be impossible to not want to be selected by him as a volunteer. You had no idea what to expect next.As silly as this sounds, I was almost moved to tears by his authenticity and passion. He politely greeted all of his guests before the show and was happy to talk to all of us afterwards. This show truly created magical memories and not in a stage conjuring illusory sense. I'll be returning with friends for sure. Highly recommended.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I was booked into a hotel across the street, and wandered into the Marrakech Magic Theater out of curiosity. I'm very glad I did. I've seen the big shows in Vegas and I go to The Magic Castle in Hollywood almost every week - I'm happy to report that Peter Morrison has put together a fun, classy, AMAZING evening show of parlor-style magic entertainment. Some of the effects are classics, and others are things you have certainly never seen before, but it all comes down to the performer, and Morrison is polished, smooth and witty. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I generally find that I agree with the TA reviews; however, for this magic show, I just don't get how it can be rated so highly. My 13 year old figured out all of Peter's amateur hour tricks. He is rather kitschy and his magic is very basic - ropes, escape from chains (but only behind a red curtain when you can't see him), ring tricks, and supposed "mind reading." I won't spoil his tricks, but seriously people, go back and think about what he did for the mind reading. Its not a coincidence that he discovered all of those details!!! For $45 per person for a 60 minute show, we were very disappointed. Additionally, they encourage you to come early and push expensive cocktails on you so it is hard to walk away for less than $60 per person. For that price, there are much better options in SF.

3  Thank Victoria5
morrisonmagic, Owner at Marrakech Magic Theater, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

The reason that my show is rated so highly is because the majority of visitors find the show to be fun and unique to San Francisco. Trip Advisor rates attractions based on the opinions of all it's users. I am surprised by the nature of your review. I do not perform magic to fool people, I perform magic to entertain people. The reason people come early is to have personal interaction with me before the show and for me to learan about my guests.. When was the last time you went to a show where the star is the host?
We never push food and drink on anyone during the pre-show We have a strict policy that it is not required to buy anything before the show, we simply have offerings available. If people would like something to eat or drink before the show and all of our offerings are priced at reasonable rates for
San Francisco. I am sorry that the show was not your thing but I think unfortunately since you we're so focused on trying to figure out how every trick worked with your 13 year old that you missed out on what makes this show so special. Passionately presented classical magic with a major personal touch.

Peter Morrison