“Great Show, but a little pricey”

Marrakech Magic Theater
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This unforgettable evening begins as you enter into a historic speakeasy. The perfect setting for a remarkable evening of entertainment. Upon entering you will be escorted into the Oasis Lounge where you will witnesses world class sleight-of-hand magic prior to the main performance. A wonderful assortment of drinks and Moroccan appetizers are available for purchase prior to the show. You will then be escorted into our intimate showroom for Jay Alexander‘s unforgettable performance of magic, mentalism, and psychological feats such as human lie detection. This evening of entertainment will lift your spirits and leave a lasting memory. Find out why Bono of U2 called it “Astonishing” and Monty Python’s John Cleese said it was “Wonderful!" You'll witness intriguing feats of mentalism, sleight-of-hand miracles, and throughout, Jay Alexander’s clean comedy will keep you laughing! Get your tickets today!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 18, 2011

We had a nice evening at Peter's show. His presentations will keep you wondering how he does what he does! He is very good at his practice, and is very welcoming and cordial to his guests. It almost felt like you were entering his home because he mingled with all his guests. It is a small theater, and very intimate. If you've never been in such a small venue, it's worth checking out. We thought the show could've been longer considering the price of the ticket, and no drinks were included in the ticket price.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

Don't waste your time and money. Anyway who thinks this is the #2 sight in one of the world's greatest cities is out of their mind.

11  Thank cauchemarlover
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and I did the early show, 6:30pm which worked out good, walk there while light out if you can. The show was very good and also entertaining and funny! Small only 35 people so everyone can see no matter where you are. Fun Fun Fun. It is in a sketchy part of town, Tenderloin area, so be careful. When you exit Theatre go right only ! -

1  Thank MAWilbur
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This show is a must. Peter is an incredible magician and his show is a real treat. If you are visiting from out of town or if you live in the area, you should make your way to this show. I do magic on the side and let me tell you, Peter blew me away. He is incredibly talented. Go, have some food and drinks, relax, and be amazed.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I attended a show of Peter's with my girlfriend in the middle of September. I was amazed by how Peter mingled with the guests, welcoming them into his theater and instantly remembering our names and where we were from. He'd later recall this during the show, which shows he really cares about the people who come out to watch him perform.

I enjoyed the wide variety of tricks that Peter did, and to me, the tricks just served as a vehicle for Peter to express his personality and his love of magic. He involved many members of the audience.

I found the show quite a nice blend of magic, comedy, and mystery, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a family friendly event in the downtown SF area.