“Awesome grilled cheese!!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighborhood: SoMa
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We ordered our sandwiches to go but they were awesome! I ordered over the phone and they were ready within 5 minutes! We tried the Piglet and the Jalapeño Popper - both amazing! I look forward to stopping here again!

There are newer reviews for The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen just opened up their second restaurant on the corner of 20th Street and Harrison Street - two doors down from where I live! AWESOME addition to the neighborhood! I go there for breakfast probably three or four times a week and at least once a week for dinner - usually for take-out.

Their menu is relatively short and simple and I love their daily specials! Their daily-made baked goods are fantastic, super fresh and ever changing. Whatever ingredients they have to work with that day is what goes into the muffins and biscuits. Delicious. for lunch or dinner, I tend to get the Piglet sandwich, the Mushroom Gruyere or the tangy/spicy Jalapeno Popper sandwich. Have been usually having always great Biscuits & Eggs for breakfast but today I had the Farmer's Breakfast. Damn. So good!

And if you have nothing else, always order whatever their special Mac n Cheese is for the day. Not to be missed, I promise you!

They also have all kinds of soft drinks and flavored drinks they are from all over the USA rather than the standard Coke, 7-UP, etc. It's great to explore the favorite "old time" drinks from other parts of country. Great touch.

And lastly, the staff is sooo friendly and good to you. Feel like they're family already ;-)

Thanks, AGCK for coming to the Inner Mission!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I came here for brunch a couple of times. I had the smoky tomato soup, mushroom sandwich and the jalapeno one. The soup was great and the sandwiches as well, except I did find the mushroom one a little boring/unseasoned.

The staff is always friendly, the place looks nice, and the outdoor seating is definitely a plus. I did find the prices a little on the expensive side.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went to the American Grilled Cheese Kitchen after a foodie friend of ours recommended it. I got the Mousetrap and a bowl of their Smoked Tomato soup. It was so delicious and so filling! It was a unique experience...we sat right at their bar. You can see into the kitchen and watch a lot of the preparation take place. They serve these delicious clementines (not sure the exact type of fruit?) with each meal. At first I thought...okay, random, but after I had finished my cheesey, smokey tomato goodness, I really came to appreciate that fresh bite of fruit. Atmosphere was hip, staff were friendly, food was good! I recommend!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great grilled cheeses. I just wish they had more than 2 vegetarian options. The seating here is casual & limited. The menu is basic. The service is quick.