“MUST GO!”
Review of Discover Walks

Discover Walks
Ranked #119 of 310 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: How will you visit San Francisco: with an expat guide or with true NATIVES? On paid tours, or on FREE, pay-what-you-want, services?
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Molly puts on a great tour of Chinatown! Interesting historic facts, attention to our personal needs and questions, a wonderful stroll through many 'unusual' spots in Chinatown, she even walked us to a great lunch spot after the tour was done. We loved it!! We highly recommend it to all newcomers and tourists. Great fun was had by all!

3  Thank Beth C

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I took the China Town tour and it was fantastic! Molly was a great tour guide.The monument in Portsmith Square to Robert Louis Stevension was particularly moving.This was where he spent a lot of time.I also liked the architectural descriptions by Molly and the old Chinese Theatre and the stories of Orson Wells there.It is a great tour that has something for evryone.

1  Thank Bowie23
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I did the North Beach tour with Natasha back in March. It was a really, really great tour. It was super informative and Natasha really knew her stuff, she answered all of our questions without any problems. It was really fun to walk around San Fran with a local; every two steps Natasha gave us another recommendation for food/coffee/fun/whatever! I found out things about the neighbourhood that I never would have known if I hadn't done the tour. Natasha was also kind enough to have a long chat as we walked down to the piers and give me an even bigger list of things to do! I have done Discover Walks in Paris as well, and would highly recommend that you do them no matter which city you're visiting!

1  Thank Courtney L
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I have lived in the Bay Area for 17 years and know San Francisco pretty well. Discover walks really opened my eyes to the colorful history of San Francisco. I went on the North Beach, which was terrific fun. Evan did a great job of making the tour entertaining while hitting on much of the history of Barbary Coast that is staring you in the face if you know what to look for. My favorite part was the mysterious hidden tunnel below Pacific Avenue. I am definitely taking my kids on this tour soon. They will love it. I also came away with a better appreciation for the restaurants and coffee shops. After the tour we hung out in North Beach and soaked up our new appreciation for this historic neighborhood. A great way to spend a sunny afternoon in San Francisco.

See more reviews
Reviewed May 10, 2012

What a fantastic experience. We took the North Beach tour and had the best time. I'm a native to the Bay Area and rarely get to be a "tourist" in my own town. This was a special treat and well worth it! I can't wait to do the Chinatown tour and will recommend this to all my neighbors and out of town visitors. Apparently they have this in Paris, Barcelona, and Prague as well. We are going to Paris next summer and can't wait to do this there.