“Don't miss this”

Discover Walks - San Francisco Walking Tours
Ranked #133 of 290 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: How will you visit San Francisco: with an expat guide or with true NATIVES? On paid tours, or on FREE, pay-what-you-want, services?
King City, California
“Don't miss this”
Reviewed May 20, 2011

Who doesn't enjoy walking around San Francisco? Especially with a local telling you about all the things you walk by. I was there with my wife and we went on the Fisherman's Wharf tour which was great. I always picture that area as being so touristy but this tour takes you in the original parts of the Wharf and the stories from the area were just fascinating. The guide also gave us some great recommendations on what to do the rest of our stay in the city. I highly recommend the tour and the company. The walk really fun (I thought a tour would be boring but it was the opposite!), the guide was great and the stories were very interesting. I like the concept of tips only because you can expect the guide to work to entertain you which is exactly what he did. We go to San Francisco a few times a year and we plan on taking your North Beach tour next time. Thanks again for the tour!!

Visited May 2011

Madrid, Spain
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“yes!”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

If you are from Spain you may not like Los Angeles, not so much. SAN FRANCISCO, that is the best place.
And that walk on the Berbary Coast with Discover Walks! Great tour.
Our guide Danny is born in San Francisco, and he really know the city. Great stories, great adventures. He also helped us with advise and good ideas and good places for all our time in San Francisco.
Gracias, Danny. Everyone must start with Discover Walks, and you will have a good times.

Visited April 2011
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Fun and really insightful tour of North Beach”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I've been to Frisco a number of times, and I've even walked on some of the same streets that we covered during the tour. But the information provided by the guide was awesome and unique! This city is so rich with stories and history, and really there is no way to discover this without a tour like Discovery Walks.

The Discovery Walks guide was fun, energetic and a real character. When they say this walking tour is "free", it is free -- no pressure. But since it is a "tip supported" endeavor, and given the great experience we had, I was only too happy to tip him $25 for my wife and me. Where else can two people go in this city, get some exercise, learn about the Barbary Coast and North Beach, get great restaurant recommendations -- and all for just $25?! No where!

We will definitely be back to check out the other Discovery Walks tours and we plan to tell our friends when they visit San Fran. Truly excellent, thanks!

Visited May 2011
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Must Do!”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

I took the Fisherman’s Wharf and North Beach walks last Saturday. They were best thing I did on my visit to San Francisco. First of all they were fun. It felt like I was seeing the city with a good friend who lived there. Yes there were great stories about San Francisco, but just as important to me was the advice on what to see, what to skip and especially where to eat. North Beach has so many places to eat I never would have known about Molinari’s deli for a sandwich that locals all go to.

I recommend these walks to anyone visiting San Francisco – I love that they are free – tips only – I gave each guide $15 and felt like I had paid half price for the best couple of hours I could have had walking around.

Visited April 2011