“Relatively expensive, but enjoyable course” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Harding Park Golf Course

Harding Park Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering a regulation 18-hole course and a nine-hole executive course, this traditional golf layout features level greens and tree-lined fairways.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relatively expensive, but enjoyable course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

The non-resident green fee ($175) is expensive for a good but not spectacular course. But course is nice, interesting without being hard (almost no risk of loosing balls even if fairways missed), nice trees (including eucalyptus from Australia), and well maintained. Many long holes make it challenging even for single handicap players to hit greens in regulation. Friendly staff and good shot & long game practice facilities.

Victoria, British Columbia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Awful greens & tee boxes +completely overpriced+ok layout=Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

First let me start by saying I have played many golf courses all over Canada, the States and Mexico and play well over 100 rounds per year. Im also a private club member at home in Victoria. Played this track today as we were down here for a lawyers conference and wanted to get a round in. When I booked it a few weeks ago, was told twilight started at noon and quoted a price of $100 including cart. When we arrived for our 12:48 tee time we were told it was $175 and twilight doesn't start until 1pm. When I protested that I was confirmed when I booked that the rate was twilight of $100, the pro shop attendant insisted that we pay $175 and basically implied that I was lying and that he didn't care what I was told. So we were charged $225 with club rentals. I requested stiff shafted set and was given regular shafted clubs. Told the attendant that they were regular and I needed stiff. His reply was that all the drivers and fairway woods were regular but the rest of the set were stiff. I told him they were not and showed him the shafts. In response, he just kinda shrugged his shoulders and proceeded to help another customer. The greens and tee boxes were in absolutely awful condition. I have played a few munis in my time and I can't recall any that were in this bad of shape! And to add insult to injury, those munis charged about 1/4 what this place charged us for green fees! I have played both TPC courses in Scottsdale for $100 with cart and they both put this place to shame as far as layout, condition, service and general golf experience. Ditto for TPC Vegas which was $156 with a cart. Very few washrooms on the course and the ones they had were portapotties! Clubhouse and pro shop was small and underwhelming. Front 9 had and average or okay rather boring typical muni layout and feel to it. Back nine was significantly better. One of the most bizarre aspects of the place is the constant gunfire! There is a shooting club nearby and we must have heard several thousand loud gunshots over the course of our round! Really? The place touts itself as a top tier golf facility and you have to listen to guns being fired during your entire round! Crazy! To add to the experience had two sets of extremely slow hackers in front of us and not once did we see a course Marshall to complain to or who moved these groups along! Can't believe that the Presidents Cup was played here along with numerous other Champions Tour and LPGA events. I am from Victoria, BC and can count about 15 or 20 courses within 100 miles of my house that are much better than this track for less than half the price. Shocked that TPC puts their name on this place. Only thing it really has going for it is the trees which are quite unique and mostly Cypress I believe. Back 9 layout is good but not great and front 9 is average at best. Can't help but feel completely ripped off. Would definitely not return nor recommend it. Can't remember playing greens this bad -- non receptive, super bumpy, ball marks everywhere, grass too long and looked like they hadn't been rolled in weeks! Staff and service, other than the starter and cart girl was terrible and completely subpar. Save your money!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank CaseyluvsSophie
California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“WAY WAY WAY OVERRATED!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

As an avid golfer and one that has played all over the world I have teh experience to back up my review.

Let me start off with the Staff at HP is arrogant, unfriendly and unattentive. If you live outside the Bay Area, they have the audacity to charge $175. Yes, $175! Range balls are an extra charge and you cant hit a driver at the practice range.

The front nine reminds me of a traditional Municipal course. Holes are boring and side by side. the greens were atrocious, brown spots everywhere (no grass) and not well maintained. Tee boxes were in deseprate need of attention as well.

The back nine was better in all facetss compared to the outgoing nine.

As a TPC course, it was by far on the lower end of quality. The management team and city of San Francisco should be ashamed for they are offering at the tariffs they are charging.

Played Presidio the day after and it was twice teh course for literally half the price.

I can honestly say I have zero desire to play HP ever again.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank smokeandmirrors11
San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Beautiful course that one should try...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't golf, however, my friends from the SF Giants and TV crew do! I get to drive the carts and take photos of the course. This place is magical because it takes you away from all the hustle and bustle of Urban life. The staff here are accommodating and restaurant and bar area is simply nice. Today I saw a senior ladies Mah Jongg club playing in the restaurant! Very classy place and people. Will definitely return because it makes me smile.

1 Thank Lynnthebuilder
Charlotte, NC
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Great challenge for your golf skills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to play this awesome golf course. As a single player it is tough to get on, they do not assigntee times for singles; I arrved at 6:20 AM on Satyrday ,ornng and got on the list for the next available time, after 20 minutes on the range the pro shop called me to play. Green fee's are high ($170.00 / $61/00 for locals) if you are from out of town but well worth the cost.

The majestic cypress pines create scenic beauty and a serious test for your skills, this a mucg longer course than the 6800 yards listed from the blue tee's, atleast 500 yards longer since the property is at sea level. The course is very playable, yet very tough. As a 12 handicapper I feel fortunate to have shot an 81. When you reach the 16th hole you can see the Olympic Club across Lake Mead, the finishing hole is a real beast.

The greens are extremely hard to read and very fast, the rough is very punitive, but the scenery is priceless!

Visited May 2012