“WAY WAY WAY OVERRATED!!!”

Harding Park Golf Course
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering a regulation 18-hole course and a nine-hole executive course, this traditional golf layout features level greens and tree-lined fairways.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As an avid golfer and one that has played all over the world I have teh experience to back up my review.

Let me start off with the Staff at HP is arrogant, unfriendly and unattentive. If you live outside the Bay Area, they have the audacity to charge $175. Yes, $175! Range balls are an extra charge and you cant hit a driver at the practice range.

The front nine reminds me of a traditional Municipal course. Holes are boring and side by side. the greens were atrocious, brown spots everywhere (no grass) and not well maintained. Tee boxes were in deseprate need of attention as well.

The back nine was better in all facetss compared to the outgoing nine.

As a TPC course, it was by far on the lower end of quality. The management team and city of San Francisco should be ashamed for they are offering at the tariffs they are charging.

Played Presidio the day after and it was twice teh course for literally half the price.

I can honestly say I have zero desire to play HP ever again.

2  Thank smokeandmirrors11

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't golf, however, my friends from the SF Giants and TV crew do! I get to drive the carts and take photos of the course. This place is magical because it takes you away from all the hustle and bustle of Urban life. The staff here are accommodating and restaurant and bar area is simply nice. Today I saw a senior ladies Mah Jongg club playing in the restaurant! Very classy place and people. Will definitely return because it makes me smile.

1  Thank Lynnthebuilder
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to play this awesome golf course. As a single player it is tough to get on, they do not assigntee times for singles; I arrved at 6:20 AM on Satyrday ,ornng and got on the list for the next available time, after 20 minutes on the range the pro shop called me to play. Green fee's are high ($170.00 / $61/00 for locals) if you are from out of town but well worth the cost.

The majestic cypress pines create scenic beauty and a serious test for your skills, this a mucg longer course than the 6800 yards listed from the blue tee's, atleast 500 yards longer since the property is at sea level. The course is very playable, yet very tough. As a 12 handicapper I feel fortunate to have shot an 81. When you reach the 16th hole you can see the Olympic Club across Lake Mead, the finishing hole is a real beast.

The greens are extremely hard to read and very fast, the rough is very punitive, but the scenery is priceless!

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Excellent course since it was redone a few years ago.

1  Thank sgtburg
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We played the course the Thursday after the Presidents Cup and arrived around 7 am. It was busy in the club house and they had a sign posted that you had to check in 1/2 hour prior to tee time.....what a great concept. There were a bunch of guys there who were trying to get out and were on the waiting list, we had made our tee time a week prior with no problem. It was pitch black at 7, but they told the first group to head to the tee. Only problem was the grill didnt open until 8 am, and our tee time was 7:50.

Please see my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

There had been a terrible rain storm on Tuesday, and they told us they had lost a bunch of trees and there was debris on the course....it was true, but the course was in GREAT shape.....except for the long wet rough that I was in all day.

It was a strange day, sun, mist/rain, clouds........and very damp. Being off the fairway was brutal and my score showed it (92). I would give one piece of advice, I am a 12.2 handicap and I played the blues at 6500 yards and slope of 125---it plays much longer and much tougher!! It was really cool to get to play with all of the bleachers and corporate tents still in place!

As for the course itself it is solid, a very good muni track. On the front side there are 3 holes that run side by side like a traditional muni course, and balls were all over the fairways, but it was in great shape. 17 and 18 are great finishing holes.

Best part of all was the pace of play.....we walked and finished in just under 4 hours!!!! Never felt rushed and only waited a few times for the groups in front of us.

Oh, and the course hot dog at the turn was SPECTACULAR......a great roll and huge dog.....

At the price point however I would be tempted to play Presido instead.......

Total - $135.00