“NEVER EVEN CALLED ME BACK!”
Review of Carte Blanche Tours - CLOSED

Carte Blanche Tours
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: San Francisco's newest and most unique City Tour! You will travel through San Francisco's famous streets in our 26 passenger luxury shuttle, an intimate setting that allows us to bring you to the 5 most incredible photo-op stops in the Bay Area.
Reviewed November 28, 2011

I too, bought vouchers on Facebook and when I called to make the reservations, no one responded! I sent two emails and called about 4 more times and I never heard from ANYONE! I had family come from Florida and I looked like an idiot! I have promised them an awesome tour and I had to take them myself and I ma an awful tour guide!
Very PISSED!

9  Thank DayTrippin2011

Reviewed November 10, 2011

After buying this on Facebook deals,I phoned the company and was advised to go to the Wyndham hotel in San Francisco which we did. My sister from south Africa was son excited to see the sights of the city.we had only one day in San Francisco so our time was limited after waiting one hour and trying to phone them numerous times..I have since requested a refund..be careful

6  Thank Janine B
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Five of us took the Carte Blanche tour on Wed., Sept 14th-there was probably 12 total in our 1:30 tour. Robert picked us up on time and then provided us with about a 5 hour tour of very interesting sights that we wouldn't have seen on our own!!! (And because of his love and knowledge of SFO he provived us with lots of interesting info , as well!) We were in SFO for 4 days and had done alot of sightseeing on our own...but he took us to places we would have missed! (Twin Peak-although it was foggy-so we didn't see too much, but he tried to get us a view of the GG Bridge from other locations.) The Painted Ladies at Alamo Square were gorgeous, etc. PLUS, Robert gave alot of info on good restaurants to try and neighborhoods to be careful in. We all really enjoyed our tour! (One of us had to catch a plane that day, so Robert figured out where to drop her off so she could come on part of the tour!) I will say that travellers should keep in mind that tour guides are paid by their company BUT when a job is well done...don't forget to TIP!!! We did...BUT I did notice others who got off who didn't...and in my opinion that is rude! Just saying!!! GREAT TOUR-GREAT GUIDE, ROBERT!!!

1  Thank Gail J
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We picked Carte Blanche Tours on the recommendation of the concierge at the Hotel Donatello. The tour bus was a 26-person touring coach-the kind you see on wine tours, retirement homes, etc. Our guide, Robert, was informative and humorous. His knowledge was deep and he had an insider's view of many of the places we visited. For the price-$50 per person-we had almost 5 hours of seeing the most incredible sights in SF. We made 6 stops and because he was able to get into places most tours can't-call it "inside info"-we were able to get better views than most. Robert was a great driver-I have a small compact car for my own use. I would not have gone where he went.
This man could manage that bus! I would highly recommend this tour. We would not have seen 1/10th of what we saw without this tour. Robert gave us insight into restaurants, shops, where to go for the best drinks, where not to go for after hours, how to get there from the hotel, etc. Our 4 day visit to SF was made better because of it. Please try these guys. They are new but they are great people!

1  Thank cityroute16a
See more reviews
Reviewed September 10, 2011

Got discount tix for this tour after an advertisement on SF Gate 7/25. Upon receipt booked a tour for 9/10 @ 8:00 AM, emailed them the week before we went to SF to confirm, they did not get back to me. Emailed them again on 9/8 to confirm also left a message on their answering machine.

On 9/9 called again and finally someone answered the phone in their office and was told that we could get in on the morning tour on 9/10, as the bus was still being serviced and would not be back until noon. I informed him that we had made plans in the afternoon and would like a refund. The person was asked why didn't he let us know that the bus was down, and he unapolegetically responded sorry.

He told me to contact the folks who made the deal with us, inow it was our loss despite every reasonable effort to contact his company.

Be very careful of this company, very poor communication and they do not stand behind their product.

7  Thank Kayak126