“Would I recommend this tour? NO, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Carte Blanche Tours - CLOSED

Carte Blanche Tours
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: San Francisco's newest and most unique City Tour! You will travel through San Francisco's famous streets in our 26 passenger luxury shuttle, an intimate setting that allows us to bring you to the 5 most incredible photo-op stops in the Bay Area.
Fullerton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Would I recommend this tour? NO, STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

My friends came down from France, so I planned this ahead of time. This way they can see ALL of San Fran. However, this was not the case....

I was at the "pick up" location at 1:20pm, and the tour was supposed to start at 1:30pm. After waiting outside for OVER AN HOUR, I realized I got screwed...NO ONE SHOWED UP!

There were about 8-10 other people waiting and we all were a bit dumbfounded that a company would not communicate with us what happened. We all tried to call several times, left messages, and no answer or call back. We didn't receive any email notification.nothing..

Most unprofessional company I have came across!

7 Thank PJay27

San Jose, CA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Great for Locals and Tourists”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Robert was our tour guide and he was fantastic! The tour advertised stopping at 5 sites, but Robert found additional places he thought we would enjoy seeing. Partly due to weekend traffic and partly Robert's enthusiasm, our tour took over 5 hours. Robert is a former SF bus driver and really knows his way around.

My husband and I live in San Jose and another couple was from Livermore. We "locals" enjoyed the tour as much as the tourists. You're unlikely to find Robin Williams' house, Geore Lucas' workshop, and the place where the Grateful Dead stayed on your own. We took BART to SF and were picked up and dropped off in front of the Hyatt hotel.

There were all adults on this tour. I wouldn't recommend it for young children, who would get bored and wouldn't want to stay in their seats.

Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An excellent and comfortable city tour with a very entertaining and knowledgeable guide!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2011

We really enjoyed our city tour with Carte Blanche Tours. The itinerary covers the most important attractions of the city. Plus it was nice to be sitting in a warm and comfortable bus; definitely better than the open-top sightseeing buses!

Thank you very much!!

Ontario, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“It really is the BEST city tour of San Francisco!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

This tour was a great time! Lots of time at the "photo stops" to take pictures and tour guide Brandon who was also our driver was very willing to take pictures, which was great for me because I took the tour by myself. They picked me up right at my hotel in the morning and were able to drop me back off there as well. Brandon was very knowledgeable and funny and you can tell he enjoys his job! He narrated very well when we were just driving through the city, so you don't miss anything. This tour was a great way to get to know the city of San Francisco in a short amount of time and being part of a smaller tour is always better-more attention to detail and you see places that other big tours can't go.

Visited May 2011
Austin, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A great way to see the sights if you have limited time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

My wife and I were only in SF for a few days and our hotel concierge recommended taking a bus tour to get a good, quick impression of the city. He made a point that the smaller bus tours are better as they typically take in a few more obscure (and interesting) areas of the city. Our guide, Brandon, was both knowledgeable and very entertaining. The tour took in all the major areas of the city and had about five photo stops, all of which provided great views of the city, the Golden Gate Bridge, and the bay. There was a particularly good stop at the old fort located at the base of the Golden Gate Bridge, which provided some great bridge views. I would recommend this tour.

Visited June 2011