“Buena comida y buena onda! Gracias Madre:-)”
Review of Gracias Madre

Gracias Madre
Reserve with OpenTable
Gracias Madre is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #120 of 5,666 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Mission District
Oslo, Norway
“Buena comida y buena onda! Gracias Madre:-)”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I and a couple of friends bumped into Gracias Madre by accident. Just passing thru S.F. and we spent our off-day in the Mission looking for shirts at Siegel's just up the street. What a great coincidance:-) Nice and fresh Mexican veggie food... the guacamole was killer!!!
Do not drop in if you're a carnivore but that might be the only reason not to if you're in San Francisco:-) Gracias Madre!

• Visited September 2012

London, United Kingdom
“Loved it!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Having seen their website before coming to San Francisco my wife and I decided we should visit, what a great decision it was. The food was beautiful, full of flavour and so fresh. The homemade ginger ale was also delicious and had a big kick to it.
Great service and great food.
I only wish we didn't live the otherside of the world as we would regularly be eating here.

• Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
“NYC vegans in SF”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

such amazing vegan mexican food! My boyfriend and I went right when it opened in the morning. we got the gorditas and Quesadillas de Camote and Enchiladas con Mole to share. SO good! and we had mimosas which were also great. the waiter talked us into getting a dessert but we had no room so we took it to go. The flan which I really never had a vegan version of in 13 years and the strawberry cheese cake. unfortunately we ate it 12 hrs later so they were both melted but still good. not overly sweet.
The veggies were so fresh and delicious!
Wish we had a place like this in NYC!

Visited September 2012
ireland
“loved it”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

lovely atmosphere, gorgeous vegan Mexican food and fantastic service. The decor is very attractive, warm and comfortable. nice choice of wines

Visited September 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Worth a visit, even if you need to travel a bit”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

While on business in the Bay Area, and tired of the monotonous food choices available near my hotel, I made the trek from Redwood Shores to the Mission District to check out this restaurant. It was featured in the Air Canada in-flight magazine, so I figured it was worth a visit. And it was! I had to wait about 15 minutes for a seat at the bar, but I didn't mind. The menu is a wonderland for a vegetarian or vegan... so rarely do we get the choice of every item on the menu! While I was waiting, I could see the enormous plates of food being delivered to the tables, so I was restrained with my own order. I had the Ensalada de Caesar, with a tangy and creamy non-dairy dressing and roasted pumpkin seeds. Yum. But the entree of a trio of tacos was the star. You get three corn tortillas topped with your choice of seasonal vegetables and cashew cheese. The tacos with mushrooms, and the one with greens were my favorites. I could have eaten a mound of those greens on their own. So good! They have a few local beers on tap, and service was quick. I would love to go back and explore the rest of the menu. Highly recommended. Go with an appetite. A side note: parking anywhere near the restaurant is a horror show, so either get there some other way or be ready to circle the blocks several times, and still end up parking many blocks from the restaurant.

• Visited September 2012