“Very fun and informative”

Gray Line of San Francisco - Super Sightseeing
Book In Advance
More Info
$91.00*
and up
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
Ranked #69 of 284 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Our company offers tours in the Northern California region, including Wine tours in Napa Valley and day trips to Yosemite National Park. We offer Hop on Hop off Buses around the city and Guided tours around the city. We are now offering tours to Monterrey Bay and Muir Woods National Monument.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Seattle, Washington
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Very fun and informative”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2009

For me, Muir Woods was without a doubt the highlight of the tour. Our driver was very knowledgeable about San Francisco and the surrounding areas, so it was fun to learn a bit of the history of Muir Woods and Sausalito. My only complaint is that I would have loved to spend more time in the woods, but with this being one of the most popular tours in SF, I can understand only allowing about an hour or so.
After the woods, we headed to Sausalito. I was a little disappointed with this town. I read that it was home to many artists and eccentrics with little shops and cafes, but all I saw were other tourists like me shopping at VERY expensive stores and eating VERY expensive ice-cream. It's a lot more upscale than I guessed, which is fine but not what I was expecting. The only locals I saw all seemed very wealthy. In my time there I saw countless Audis, BMWs, Mercedes-Benzs, a few Bentleys, and even a Ferrari. If you enjoy high-end shopping, Sausalito is for you.
I'm not knocking the tour for my disappointment in Sausalito. Overall, the tour was great! Our driver was awesome, and the tour ran like clockwork. Besides, Muir Woods was well worth the price even if we didn't go to Sausalito (in my opinion). Definite recommendation from me!

2 Thank Kevin Z

• Finnish first
London, UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Muir Woods/Sausilito Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2009

One of the best organised tours we have been on, with prompt hotel pick-up and quick & efficient processing at the tour office.
Our driver, Jay, was very pleasnt and really informative about many different points of interest on our drive to Muir Woods. Jay also gave us lots of tips on how best to spend our time at Muir Woods which turned out to be perfect. The hour and a half we had at the woods was just enough to get an appreciation of the area. On the drive to Suasilito Jay was still giving us lots of intereting facts and anecdotes.
Suasilito was very disappointing with just a few gift shops, galleries and restaurants. We would have preferred more time at Muir Woods and not bothered with Sausilito.
Overall Super Sightseeing tours were a very well run organisation with polite and helpful employess.

2 Thank AndersonB
Sydney, Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great Muir Woods/Sausalito Tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

Our tour guide was Jay, he was very good, very informative and our afternoon tour to Muir Woods, then to Sausalito was very enjoyable. If you don't have a car and would like to know interesting facts about San Fran, especially the history of Muir Woods, San Fran and its surrounds this is a tour worth taking. the small coach was very comfortable. I had my 3 daughters with me, ages 10, 8, 8 - they all enjoyed it too. Thanks Jay

3 Thank OpalGirl04
Toronto
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Don't go on their Monterey/Carmel Tour”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2008

After doing an exhaustive research on TA and other internet sites we finally chose a top tour company to go to Monterey, however unknown to my wife and I these companies have deals with eachother to redirect their customers if they don't have enough people to fill their own tours, thus unknown to us we got redirected to a tour to Monterey with Super Sightseeing. No one informed us of this change even when we confirmed the day before with our original booking company (Extranomical Tours).
Well when I saw a different bus pull up I was concerned and needless to say my concern proved to be valid.

We got on a shuttle bus, the bus driver/guide had a strong accent so it was difficult to understand him, the bus had no washroom for a 2 1/2 hr drive, and then we got on the road a half hour late (not a big deal...yet). We got to Monterey and spent 2 hrs there then the troubles began, the electrical system on the bus started malfunctioning and we had no air conditioning, fans or PA system. The driver didn't know what to do, he called back to the office and they gave a number of suggestions, none of them worked. It was a hot (80 F) sunny day and only the driver and passenger window opened. After about an hour of trying a number of things with countless phone calls back to the office we decided to keep going in this hot bus, then all of sudden the system came back on by itself. Needless to say we got into Carmel by 5:30 an hour and a half late with most of the interesting shops closing at 6:00, there was suppose to be a 1 1/2 hr stop over starting at 4:00 Pm. We got back to our hotel 1 1/2 hr late making the day from 8:00 AM to past 9:30 PM.

I guess one could say that a malfunction could happen to anyone, however had we known that we were going with this group we would have booked with our second choice not their choice and really they should have sent another bus to meet us and let us continue rather than fiddle around with a system no one understood for an hour.
We will ask the question next time to tour companies, "Do you provide the tour we're booking?"

4 Thank T0-Tourist