Gray Line of San Francisco - Super Sightseeing
and up
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
Ranked #76 of 285 Tours in San Francisco
More attraction details
Owner description: Our company offers tours in the Northern California region, including Wine tours in Napa Valley and day trips to Yosemite National Park. We offer Hop on Hop off Buses around the city and Guided tours around the city. We are now offering tours to Monterrey Bay and Muir Woods National Monument.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
dublin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great Day”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We booked the Napa & Sonoma Valley Wine Tour, this was a great day out... we went to three vineyards and got to taste lots of wine. Would recommend the tour, its a lovely day out. We also got the hop on hop off bus included in our package, this was a good, informative tour also.

• Finnish first
Vancouver, Canada
“It should be called" Super Willie" tours!!!! Amazing!!!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The tour was a good value and gave my girlfriend and I lots of options for things we wanted to see ( very flexible ). The tour drivers were very courteous and gave great information.
At one stop we got off and enjoyed our time there, we waited for the next bus for about 10minutes, and then along came "" WILLIE ''', this guy the was best driver on the tour, soooo funny and really knows his stuff about Sancisco as he would say it! Not that the other drivers were bad, not at all, but there is no comparison to my man Willie, if he could bottle up the energy, humour and zest for his job the world would be a better place! This man loves his job and it is apparent as soon as you get on his bus!!!

Thank you Willie for making this tour so very fun, your the greatest!!!

The couple from Vancouver.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great guide”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Went on a 1/2 day bus tour with Greg, who was very knowledgeable about San Francisco. I kept telling my husband about all I had learned. It was a new route and nice to cross the bridge. Many stops for photos, eats and bathroom breaks. I wish I had another day to spend at Golden Gate Park, my favorite place. In the afternoon, I went on the Bay Cruise which was fun but very windy and cool. A special thanks to Bob, the General Manager of Super Sightseeing, for taking myself and another lady to our hotels when our shuttle did not show up at the end of the day. All in all, a very informative and interesting day trip.

Perth
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked a 2 day hop on hop tour and muir woods, sausalito and alacatraz via viator which were substantially cheaper than on the day prices. Overall a good tour company only marked lower overall as I got really annoyed with one thing on the last day.... Read on to find out.

The HOHO tour went to a variety of places with photo opportunities on the way without having to stop - which was fantastic as we were only in San francisc for 3 days. Some tour guides lacked knowledge and enthusiasm but my favourite and the best (i think) tour guide was Paul - he put so much effort into the tour to make it fun and informative. I would have stayed on the bus for the whole loop if I wasn't hungry.

The loop is two hours in total with Buses coming every 30 minutes (ish). Compared to the other HOHO buses super sightseeing buses are a bit worned out but the very good prices make this ok.

Tip: definitely take a coat, hat and gloves the open top bus are extremely windy near the bay area.

The full day tour to muir woods, sausalito and alacatraz was jampacked. The tour guide and driver Aaron was fantastic. in fact I would say he make the trip to San Francisco worthwhile as he never stopped talking with interesting facts and history about San Francisco.

Muir woods and Sausalito were nice and we had just over an hour in each place.

Aaron also stopped the bus for a photo opportunity at the golden gate bridge with spectacular views.

In the afternoon we got dropped off at the alacatraz landing to get the ferry boat across. And here is when I got a bit annoyed ....that morning we went to the office and picked up our "tickets"

2 x receipts stating muir woods/ alacatraz boarding pass
2 x green cards (I'm assuming it's so the driver can see quickly that we are on the right tour)
2 x Miur wood tickets

Upon boarding the bus we handed the driver 1 receipt and two green cards. At the alacatraz landing site we noticed that the rest of our tour had actual alacatraz tickets which started to worry me as we handed over the paper work in the morning and we didn't have Internet access to prove that we had paid for alacatraz too. So I went to the pre purchased desk and the woman asked did I not have tickets, are you sure you haven't had any given to me?

I explained I was with the group that they all had a ticket and asked if she wouldn't mind phoning super sightseeing to check. Luckily she was a nice girl and contacted them. Super sight seeing had told the girl they had them at the office. I wish the driver double checked we had the right tickets as it just caused unnecessary stress.

Having said this alacatraz was amazing and must do in San Francisco. The ticket thing might seem like a small trival thing but it did bother me. However, I would book with this company again because the tour guides were excellent.

1 Thank kissmekate3000
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Do NOT use this company!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Bad company
I booked this tour online and picked date, they then sent a confirmation email saying tour was running
Woke up early in morning to find out they did not run this tour in winter
Supersight seeing would Not refund the money and have been very unhelpful trying to get the total of $300 back for the tour they had promised.
Called them and email several times each time getting no where further
Bad customer service and bad business management and organization by this company.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Jessica B
Eric_SST, Sales Manager at Gray Line of San Francisco - Super Sightseeing, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hi Jessica,

I'm sorry to hear that you received mixed information and the trouble it's been causing you. Please call me at (415) 353-5310 ext.206 or email me at eric@supersightseeing.com and I will do my best to make it right.

Please contact me!