“Lovely run in San Francisco”
Review of City Running Tours

City Running Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Book a Personal Running Tour today, and let us show you what makes San Francisco such an amazing city for running. I'm sure you will agree that one of the best ways to see and experience San Francisco is in a pair of running shoes. The weather and climate in San Francisco is almost ideal for running year round. In the winter, the San Francisco bay helps keep the temperature from dipping too far below 40 degrees, and breeze from the pacific helps keep the summer temps ideal for an afternoon run.
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely run in San Francisco”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I joined John on his Golden Gate Bridge Running Tour while in San Francisco for the weekend. I had heard of City Running Tours and thought it would be a great idea (since I was short on time) to get a workout while seeing more of the city. I signed up the day before and this was no problem at all. I quickly received a greeting from John along with instructions on where to meet the next day. Could not have asked for a nicer day, there were two of us on this run, and John did a great job leading us while imparting some history and facts about the bridge and surrounding area. It was leisurely, with several stops and photo ops. This is a fantastic way to get to know a new city, and I highly recommend doing a private or group run in San Francisco. I'm looking forward to doing similar tours in other cities.

Calgary, Alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Perfect addition to a girl's weekend!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

What a fantastic time we had with John from City Running Tours. I knew from the very first (enthusiastic!) email that we exchanged - that this was going to be a great experience. We were a group of three women on a girls weekend trip and we wanted something to balance all the eating and wine sipping! John helped to customize a run for us, based on what we wanted to see and how far we wanted to go. He met us, with water on hand and we set out across the Golden Gate Bridge. He was friendly and fun and had great information about all the sites that he toured us through. We all finished (about 12K) saying that it was the perfect way to see a city! I would wholeheartedly recommend this type of activity for anyone that wants a more interesting (and healthy) way to tour a city and feel like a local. John is a great guide - Thank you for such a memorable run!

Visited March 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great morning run. Informative too! Thank you!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I enjoyed every k on my 5k run. John knows his San Fransisco. I will try this concept in other cities as well.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Golde Gate Bridge Run”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

What a great way to get in a run and do some sightseeing! John was informative and made the experience comfortable for anyone. Would highly recommend City Running Tours San Fran!

Chicago, Illinois
“Great combo - exercise & sightseeing”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The business concept of City Running Tours is genius and John delivers on all fronts. He was very accommodating and flexible with my last minute booking, as well as a fun and comfortable running guide once I had arrived in San Francisco. He offered just the right combination of info sharing and informal chatting to make me feel welcome and interested in the city I was visiting. I would highly recommend booking a running tour with John whether you are travelling for business or pleasure. I know for sure that I will do so again next time I'm in San Francisco. I may even opt for hill running next time.