“Inexpensive and quick service”
Review of Thai Chef

Thai Chef
Ranked #1,625 of 5,922 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Thai
Neighborhood: The Castro
Neighborhood: The Castro
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Met a friend for dinner on this trip at this restaurant. Friendly staff and the service was quick. Food was very good. Unfortunately, no liquor license so, just soft drinks, tea, etc. prices were reasonable for a large city.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I can't really complain about the food or location, but it was just pretty average. In a city that has some great Thai food this was inoffensive but not a real stand-out. It's my first time there, so maybe it needs another visit? Give it a try, see if I just got them on a "bad day" — it's certainly possible, everyone and every restaurant can have one. We also were there right at the opening time, that can affect one's experience. I will try it again, and will update when I do.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We found out about this local favorite as we struck up a conversation with a resident heading toward the Castro District on the tram.
My husband and I ordered the Prawns Papaya Salad, Tom Yum, and Tom Ka soups which were all delicious. We shared the Spicy Chicken Basil,which was nicely cooked and spiced. In fact, there was so much that we had to take some home with us.

The restaurant has a nice and peaceful atmosphere and the waiter is very pleasant and unobtrusive. Prices are reasonable.
If you like Thai.............do not miss this one!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have ordered from here several times and I must say it never disappoints. This time around I had the Prawn Pineapple Curry. It was amazing. If you are within walking distance definitely go.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is one of my favorite Thai places in the city, the food is always to delicious and fresh. The service is helpful, attentive and friendly. Especially love the calamari salad, so wonderful.
Enjoy!