“Great experience!”

Blue Heron Custom Tours
Ranked #18 of 111 Food & Drink in San Francisco
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private, custom tours in and around San Francisco, Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, Muir Woods and Sausalito, Monterey and Carmel, Yosemite, the California coast, and other destinations in Northern California. Each tour is customized so you visit the sights you want to see. Go where you want to go!
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Rick was recommended to us by the Concierge of our hotel and we could not have been more pleased! Our day of wine tasting through Napa far exceeded our expectations. Not only was he professional, accommodating and extremely knowledgeable of wines and vineyards ..... he is a genuinely nice guy! What a gem we have discovered in Rick and Blue Heron Tours. We are already looking forward another booking with him on our next trip to the San Francisco area.

BlueHeronSF, Owner at Blue Heron Custom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the Napa Valley. Think of the bright sunny day and the fields of yellow mustard when you drink the wine you bought. When you next head this way, we'll head to the Russian River Valley for some great Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.

There are newer reviews for Blue Heron Custom Tours

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We hired a Private Tour with Blue Heron Tours on December 2012 to take us to Muir Woods and Muir beach, it is hard to book online, I usually get less than expected, this was not the case, he is a very profesional person!

BlueHeronSF, Owner at Blue Heron Custom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Muir Woods and your walk among the tallest trees in the world. The redwood trees are natural wonders that visitors should not miss.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. It is most appreciated.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Erudite,engaging and entertaining- this sums up Rick and his private tour of San Francisco .I would add elegant but this would embarrass him. A tour with Rick is more like a trip with a knowledgeable friend than a tour guide . For a first time look around SF he covered a lot of ground but we never felt rushed . All major regular tourist areas covered with a few extras thrown in .
He also looked after our few special requests -"Full House " house for the girls and a drive across Golden Gate .
Tour was in a small van that was much more comfortable than a tour bus .Also we could get to some of the more inaccessible sites eg Coit tower . As a slight drizzle emerged so did umbrellas from the trunk.
For a small group this tour was only marginally more expensive than a bus tour but with some much more packed in.
A memorable experience and we would have gone on another tour if time had allowed .

BlueHeronSF, Owner at Blue Heron Custom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is most appreciated. I am glad your family and you enjoyed the tour and that the girls got to see the "Full House" houses. As I mentioned, these homes are the must see sights for many visitors of a certain age.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Every interaction with Rick - from arranging my tour via email to his questions about what exactly I wanted to see so that he customize the tour to his informed and easy manner of sharing his knowledge of the city and answering my questions was fantastic. I wanted more of an off-the-beaten path tour and Rick customized the tour perfectly. I look forward to taking a Napa tour with him next time I'm in the Bay Area.

BlueHeronSF, Owner at Blue Heron Custom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you enjoyed the tour and got to see some of San Francisco's diverse neighborhoods. I hope you enjoyed seeing and learning about one of my favorite off-the-beaten track sights -- The Golden Fire Hydrant.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Rick at Blue Heron Tours was just Great !!!! The tour he planned for us was fantastic,we got to see so many different areas and took so many wounderful pictures and learned so much history, He is very knowledgable. Before we arrived we asked alot of questions,like where to stay and where to eat and driving directions and all turned out great. The food was very very good, motel was good and we drove right to it. I would highly recommend this tour to everyone. Thanks Rick for an Awesome tour
Mark S. from Wisconsin

1  Thank Mark S
BlueHeronSF, Owner at Blue Heron Custom Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your very kind review. I am glad you enjoyed your tour as well as my recommendations. I hope you had a good trip up the coast and through the redwoods.