“Best meal ever! Best service ever!”
Review of Seven Hills

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta and showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer. Our wine list was created to be extremely approachable and well suited to our cuisine. We are located on the cable car line on Hyde street. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

The food at Seven Hills is impeccable. The flavors are outstanding! Great wine list too! This restaurant does a great job sourcing products from small business owners - and the results are obvious in their food. The portion sizes are great! Can’t say enough about the staff-and it starts at the top as the owner took time with us to recommend a wine as well as dishes! The setting is intimate. Can’t wait to go back!

Hi Kelley8844

What a great review, Thank you for your positive energy, this review in particular really made my day. I hope we will be seeing you soon

SEVEN HILLS

Write a reviewReviews (914)

Reviewed August 2, 2019 via mobile

Great TripAdvisor reviews made me book a table here. It’s very small so would recommend that you book beforehand. Shared a starter, a main and a dessert which was plenty for two. Amazing starter of nectarine, pistachio, rocket and mozzarella salad followed by main of salmon and panna cotta for dessert. All exceptionally tasty and beautifully presented. Good wine list and very attentive service. Very reasonably priced for the standard of food. Highly recommended.

Hi Tuck33

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything, we put so much effort into everything that goes onto our plates, thank you for noticing that!
TripAdvisor has been a great way of getting our name out there, thank you for helping with that!
I hope that you have a lovely day

Reviewed July 28, 2019

Emma lives in Russian Hill, and she described Seven Hills as a "neighborhood gem", and she was accurate. We had a delightful experience in this small but comfortable restaurant, and Emma walked home from dinner. We had some transportation difficulties, and were late for our reservation (we did call) and they were extremely pleasant about it. The restaurant is known for locally sourced products. Catherine started with a delicious tomato bisque, I enjoyed an Early Girl tomato salad, but Emma picked the winner with the duck pate platter. It was sinfully delightful. Emma chose a special - tortellino (larger than tortellini) stuffed with cheese and finished with truffles over top. It was delicious. Catherine picked the evening's winner: macheronchelli - an elbow macaroni pinched at both ends - that was just spectacular. I chose another special - chicken Milanese - which was also delightful. We didn't have any room for dessert! Our waitress was a lovely lady, and enhanced our experience. The only (small) downside is that it is beer and wine only, so you can't get a cocktail, but it's a small price to pay to enjoy the farm-to-table fare from this lovely restaurant.

1  Thank MorayJohnny

Hi Johnny
What an interesting review, i felt like i was dining with you, Emma and Catherine. Thank you so very much for taking the time to write us such a well thought out review. You covered all the bases. I hope that we see you again in the not too distant future

Reviewed July 20, 2019

I ate here twice when in SF 5 years ago and loved it. So naturally I wanted to come back. I'm glad to say it was just as wonderful this time as last.
The food is fantastic. The chef is very creative and uses local, fresh ingredients as when he can. Alex, the owner and greeter, is very friendly and welcoming, and extremely helpful. He made many great suggestions for our meal. We sat at the (tiny) bar, which was a plus because Alex was right there to chat with.
I will definitely visit again the next time I'm in SF!

Date of visit: May 2019
alexiss735, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2019

Hi Peggy,

Thank you so much for your absolutely wonderful review. I appreciate your kind words and was so happy to look after you both at my little bar. Please don't wait five years till your next visit! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

alexis@sevenhillssf.com

Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

Made a reservation well in advance. Small neighborhood type of place. Actually reminded us a bit of some of the places we like to eat in nyc.

Arrived and was warmly greeted and seated immediately. Very friendly and efficient server . Salads and meatball app (excellent)to start. I had salmon , my wife and daughter beautiful homemade pasta dishes.

Excellent Pinot noir at a fair price and a very comfortable room and window table. Food wise the best of our 11 day trip. This is not just a comfort food place as pleasant as our meal was. Very high end sophisticated eatery with cooks who know what they are doing.

I would go here again and again if I lived near. Excellent!

1  Thank madasa1024

Hi Madasa
Thank you so much for writing us such a lovely review. I have heard people before compare us to eateries in NYC, i think thats a great complement. Thank you for bringing in your family and i hope that if you ever come back to SF that my little restaurant is on your list!
I hope that you have a fantastic day!

alexis@sevenhillssf.com