“Amazing food in San Francisco”
Review of Seven Hills

Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,737 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta and showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer. Our wine list was created to be extremely approachable and well suited to our cuisine. We are located on the cable car line on Hyde street. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Germany
“Amazing food in San Francisco”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

After we heard somebody raving about the food in Seven Hills, we had to check it out. The food was just as we thought; in fact it surpassed our already high expectations. The food was exceptionally good and I have had my share of amazing food, but I can say that Seven Hills is definitely one of my favorites from now on. The service was great, the server was very cordial. Each and every dish was well presented and extremely flavorful. The wine suggested by the server was perfect. And although the place was packed, the staff was very attentive. We really enjoyed my meal and our evening at Seven Hills. I will highly recommend you eat here whenever you are in San Francisco. Seven Hills certainly scores high on all parameters.

• Visited August 2013
Hi Rafael

Thanks for the wonderful review. I am glad that we exceeded your high expectations of the restaurant. It's really nice to hear that! I hope that we see you again soon on your next visit to SF

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Nanaimo, Canada
“outstanding!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The food and service were excellent! Tucked out of the way in a residential area this is a must do for any foodies!

• Visited September 2013
Hi Brooksy1957

Short and sweet - what a great review! I really appreciate it

Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
“Small can be good!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in San Francisco for a few days and had read the reviews about Seven Hills thought we would give it a try. My pork chop was out of this world tender and with flavor! My husband wished he had ordered it as well because it was so good. He had the ravioli (which there is only one of) and a half order of Spaghetti with Grandpa George’s Sausage. Both were tasty and together filled him up. The space is nice decorated and small. The other reviews were totally dead on about the lack of space. You will get to know your table neighbors during your time there because one of you will have to move your table to allow the other table to enter or exit. Actually this did not bother us and we enjoyed ourselves. I would visit here again.

• Visited July 2013
Hi MCOGirl

Thanks for the great review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything at the restaurant. You are correct the restaurant is quite limited on space i am glad to hear that this dod not affect your meal!

Cheers

Washington state
“Not bad”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am afraid that faint praise is the best I can do for this highly rated restaurant. The atmosphere is wonderful, and the host gracious, but for the price, there are better places in SF. The waiter was rather haughty, and spent a lot of time at my elbow speaking to the diners at the next table. The food was decent, but not nearly as flavorful as the descriptions would suggest. The wine list is good and well-priced, and the desserts excellent, but we had better meals elsewhere...

• Visited August 2013
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi Nwfamily

I really appreciate the review. I am sorry to hear that the waiter didn't give you the dining experience you were looking for. Typically i get great feedback about my staff. THe tables are pretty close to each other and i completely understand where you are coming from with that. It's the frustrations of such a small space. I really do hope that on your next visit to SF you can give us another try, i am sure that you will not be disappointed. I really appreciate the constructive comments and hope that you have a great day!

Louisville, KY
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The bellhop at our hotel recommended this place to us and I am sure glad we took his advice. The restaurant is very small but the food and service was amazing. The menu items were small but that was great so my husband and I could get a few and share. The owner has worked all over Europe and at French Laundry in Napa and you can tell he knows what he is doing.

Visited August 2013
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Hi Eveenemean

Glad to hear that everyone is recommending us here. Thanks for pointing out where Alexander has worked, i just want to point out that Seven Hills is a neighborhood restaurant and though we are 100% focused on the food the atmosphere is more relaxed here. Thanks for the great review and i hope to see you back here soon..