“Excellent Food and Service”
Review of Seven Hills

Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta and showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer. Our wine list was created to be extremely approachable and well suited to our cuisine. We are located on the cable car line on Hyde street. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is what San Francisco is all about. It's small and can be cramped when the tables are changing. Don't even think of going here without a reservation. The food is interesting and top-rate, and the wine-list is small was very well-chosen. Every dish we have had here over several visits has been great. Don't miss the pastas. The service is Thanks again to Alexis and Alex for another great evening of good fun and fine food.

1  Thank John S
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Hi John & Margo

Thank you for the wonderful review. We are really focused on the food here and i am so glad that you found us. I look forward to your next visit which is very soon i hope!

Cheers

There are newer reviews for Seven Hills

Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's rare to find a restaurant devoted to good food and service that achieves its goals, but this one does! The menu is varied but not overwhelming, and one gets the impression that each dish was carefully chosen to allow the chef to "shine", each time in a different way. The bean salad and calamari which we chose as appetizers were wonderful. I don't think I've ever had calamari which were better prepared, and their salty and spicy taste of the ocean paired surprisingly with eggplant caponata. All the dishes were this thoughtfully designed, and I expect that the ones we didn't taste were as well. My partner had one of their signature entrees, Ravioli Uovo, which was pasta (with a brown butter sauce) assembled around an egg yolk that was poached as the pasta was heated. Mine was "tootsie rolls" which were small cheese-filled pasta tubes with a wonderful butter sauce. The half-plate servings are small (but rich), and we shared a third, Spaghetti with a rich tomato sauce, carmelized onions and sausage. For dessert we had panna cotta and ricotta dishes. Like the main dishes, each looked like a small serving, but they were so rich (and well prepared) that we had trouble finishing them. We especially liked the Marin County honey on the panna cotta. As befitting this restaurant's small size, the wine list was not overly long, but each offering was obviously carefully chosen and was on the list for a reason. The complimenting flavors of our meal were chosen with the expert assistance of our two waiters who knew the menu "cold" and did not hesitate to answer any questions (including what to order). It's rare that I eat a meal, taking very small bites to savor each dish as long as possible, but this was that kind of meal. If you want a routine meal indifferently served, go someplace else. If you want a meal composed of dishes chosen to focus on the individual qualities of the ingredients, served by enthusiastic, friendly staff, come to this place!

3  Thank amosesq
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Hi amosesq

Well, i have to admit it this is by far the best review we have ever gotten here. I'd like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a compelling and detailed review. I get the feeling that you had a wonderful time at the restaurant. I really appreciate your business and all your great compliments - thank you.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Amazingly good food. Great service. I had the risotto and loved it. We were with a party of 8 and everyone was pleased. It is a small place so reservations are a must. It is also rather noisy so just be aware of that before you go. I will return again the next time I am in SF.

7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Hi San

Thanks for the great review. Reservatiosn are a must due to the size of the dining area and the fact that trip advisor users are really enjoying their experience with us! I'm glad to hear that you will be returning.

Cheers

Reviewed July 10, 2013

It might not be so hidden but it is a jewel. There was so much we wanted to try so we did order several items. Our waiter was very good, the food was great and I'd return again. You won't be want to miss the fresh and tasty flavorful food here.

Hi Cassie

Thanks for the great review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed everything. Thanks for pointing out all of our fresh choices we really take a pride in what we offer our guests here!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a week long stay in San Francisco over New Years, trying all of the "foodie" restaurants, and this was the best. The manager/owner (forget his name, but he had a British Accent), was absoutely wonderul to deal with over the phone and in person. He checked on us periodically and even brough my wife a sample of thier dessert wine for free.

I started with the Ravioli Uovo and it was great. Just mealts in your mouth. No wonder it's their signature dish. It's a can't miss if you visit. We had a couple different pastas and they were both excellent as well. This will be our first stop next time we are in San Francisco.

1  Thank Steve D

Hi Steve

It was my pleasure to welcome you into the restaurant, i am so glad that you both enjoyed everything. I look forward to your next visit when you can sample everything else that the menu has to offer!