“Wonderful Choice..Thanks TripAdvisor!”
Review of Seven Hills

Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,776 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta and showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer. Our wine list was created to be extremely approachable and well suited to our cuisine. We are located on the cable car line on Hyde street. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I found this great little Italian restaurant on TripAdvisor.

We enjoyed the food..the atmosphere..the service..and the company.
The proprietor was very friendly as were our wait staff. I was informed at the end of the night that they pooled their tips and that definitely explained why it was a true "team effort" ensuring that we all enjoyed ourselves.

1  Thank Midrad
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Hi Midrad

I am so glad that you followed the Trip Advisor reviewers. They have been really good to us here at SEVEN HILLS. We are a small spot an find that pooling really helps everyone work well as a team. I am glad that you enjoyed all the aspects of your dining experience. Cheers.

There are newer reviews for Seven Hills

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I decided to go to Seven Hills the last night we were in San Francisco. It was absolutely delicious. The owner was so warm and welcoming, and you could tell that everyone who worked there made food a main priority. The service was great; everyone was attentive. The highlights were the homemade meat sauce. Our server was very knowledgeable; he offered many wonderful suggestions that we were happy we listened to. The restaurant is small, so I would highly recommend making a reservation.

Hi M A

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to review us. We spend a lot of time with our staff going over the menu and especially wine pairings. I am so glad that we steered you into the right direction. I hope that you join us again on your next trip to SF.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Tried this place last week and it was great from start to finish
The food it great, fresh and homey. Best pasta I have had including Italy (ravioli Ouvo is a must)
Would go back. Want to try what I didn't.

1  Thank Carr C

Hi Carr

Just wanted to thank you for the great review, it is very much appreciated. I se that you are a local San Franciscan and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I took my daughter to San Francisco in August to visit colleges in Northern California. I wanted to take her out for a nice dinner in San Francisco one night. After looking at the Trip Advisor reviews I chose Seven Hills and I was not disappointed. Its a small restaurant so the feel is intimate. The food was amazing! The service was perfect--attentive but not rushed. This is a pricey restaurant, but I felt it was worth every penny.

2  Thank Wendy L
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Hi Wendy

Brilliant review! THanks for being so complementing to us here. I am so glad that both you and your daughter enjoyed everything. I hope that we see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Had the opportunity to visit Seven Hills recently while visiting some friends in Sa Francisco and they were very excited to finally get a chance to go here since they had read such great reviews. It is a smallish place that includes a small bar right in the entry of the restaurant so ambience isn't anything to write home (or on trip advisor) about. I was excited to read the menu as it was filled with so many great dishes, some unexpected and some very traditional - including carbonara done the correct way (still could have used more pepper) and not creamed up like so many places do.

If I were to go back, I would just order some small plates and a pasta dish or two because this is what Seven Hills does best. (I also ordered the Niman Ranch Pork Chop but it was really overcooked). I woud highly recommend the Grilled Octopus if it is available as it is fantastic, the chicken liver, the tuna carpaccio and the ravioli Uovo was a really really yummy dish. Two friends ordered and loved the Spaghetti and I while I was really excited for the classic carbonara, I wished I had ordered the Papardelle as it wasn't what I was hoping for.

1  Thank the4walrus711

Hello the4walrus711

thanks for the review even though it wasn't great. I wish you could let us know at the time if a dish is over cooked so we can remedy the situation immediately. It's really difficult to comment on it after the fact. We are definitely pasta driven here, however there is more to the restaurant than just pasta alone. As far as the pepper is concerned we would typically add a lot more but have to cater to the larger public, if there is something you are looking for in particular please let us know and we will be sure to accommodate you if possible. I think that on balance there were lot's of positives to your review, and i'm sure we will see you again in the future where i am confident you will have a much better experience.