“Wonderful experience”
Review of Seven Hills

Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 5,836 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta and showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer. Our wine list was created to be extremely approachable and well suited to our cuisine. We are located on the cable car line on Hyde street. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I took my daughter to San Francisco in August to visit colleges in Northern California. I wanted to take her out for a nice dinner in San Francisco one night. After looking at the Trip Advisor reviews I chose Seven Hills and I was not disappointed. Its a small restaurant so the feel is intimate. The food was amazing! The service was perfect--attentive but not rushed. This is a pricey restaurant, but I felt it was worth every penny.

2  Thank Wendy L
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Hi Wendy

Brilliant review! THanks for being so complementing to us here. I am so glad that both you and your daughter enjoyed everything. I hope that we see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Had the opportunity to visit Seven Hills recently while visiting some friends in Sa Francisco and they were very excited to finally get a chance to go here since they had read such great reviews. It is a smallish place that includes a small bar right in the entry of the restaurant so ambience isn't anything to write home (or on trip advisor) about. I was excited to read the menu as it was filled with so many great dishes, some unexpected and some very traditional - including carbonara done the correct way (still could have used more pepper) and not creamed up like so many places do.

If I were to go back, I would just order some small plates and a pasta dish or two because this is what Seven Hills does best. (I also ordered the Niman Ranch Pork Chop but it was really overcooked). I woud highly recommend the Grilled Octopus if it is available as it is fantastic, the chicken liver, the tuna carpaccio and the ravioli Uovo was a really really yummy dish. Two friends ordered and loved the Spaghetti and I while I was really excited for the classic carbonara, I wished I had ordered the Papardelle as it wasn't what I was hoping for.

1  Thank the4walrus711

Hello the4walrus711

thanks for the review even though it wasn't great. I wish you could let us know at the time if a dish is over cooked so we can remedy the situation immediately. It's really difficult to comment on it after the fact. We are definitely pasta driven here, however there is more to the restaurant than just pasta alone. As far as the pepper is concerned we would typically add a lot more but have to cater to the larger public, if there is something you are looking for in particular please let us know and we will be sure to accommodate you if possible. I think that on balance there were lot's of positives to your review, and i'm sure we will see you again in the future where i am confident you will have a much better experience.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

this is a small restaurant with around 15-18 tables and a 4 stool bar. i ate at the bar and the bar nibbles which were both inexpensive and fantastic. all of the food is very good and reasonably priced. a lot of pasta and other things here. good wine list, friendly people, and good service. just a pleasant experience.

1  Thank artsmith147

Hi Edina

Thanks for joining me at the bar. We never reserve the bar which is nice as it gives us a little flexibility with walk-ins. I am glad you enjoyed everything and thank you for your positive review of the restaurant.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife and I are fond of small unique Italian restaurants, the likes which consist of those found in NYC or the north end of Boston. Seven Hills provides that intimate experience. Tucked within the Nob Hill neighborhood, the restaurant provides a dining experience unlike most in San Francisco. The dishes are creative, the wine list extensive, and the service good. We will be back the next time we are in San Francisco.

7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Hi Stevo

Thanks for trusting everyone on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed everything. I am looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

A delightful bistro with top notch food. Crispy chicken skin appetizer was a nice surprise. Eggplant parmesan was really first rate. It's hard to go wrong here. Service was attentive. This a small place and you should expect to sit close to others as the tables are small. It can also be a bit noisy but not annoyingly so. Nice wine list. Deserts were very nicely prepared. Prices averaged $50 per person. Cable cars run directly out front which makes for easy transport and a charming view from your table.

Hi TravelTurtle

Thank you for such a wonderful review. You are a big contributor to Trip Advisor and for that i thank you. Reviews such as yours are letting people really know exactly what to expect from a neighborhood bistro such as ours and i really appreciate that!