“Lovely evening”
Review of Seven Hills

Reserve with OpenTable
Seven Hills is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Cross street: Pacific
Transit: On the Hyde street cable car stop at Pacific.
Description: SEVEN HILLS is a small neighborhood restaurant located in the romantic Nob Hill district of San Francisco. Our emphasis is on home made pasta and showcasing the best our local farmers have to offer. Our wine list was created to be extremely approachable and well suited to our cuisine. We are located on the cable car line on Hyde street. We look forward to seeing you soon...
Victoria, Canada
“Lovely evening”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Enjoyed our meal/experience at Seven Hills...excellent pasta accompanied by a bottle of Costa De Oro Pinot Noir...good service and everyone in the restaurant seemed to be enjoying themselves (us included).

Visited September 2012
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Hi Joe

Lovely review, thanks very much, I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything!
See you soon

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Coast (of Lake Michigan)
“Great for the price!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

So being my first visit to San Francisco I consulted Trip Advisor for some of the top (affordable) places to eat in the city. I discovered the rather high rating of Seven Hills, and to my surprise it was along the same trolley line that fronted my hotel. I made a same-day reservation and gave it a try.

To be honest, I'm not a fine dining connoisseur in any sense of the word, so I rate based on whether it tastes good, looks good and makes me feel as if the price I paid for the food and service made sense. Seven Hills scored pretty well in all areas, but when this site ranks you in the top-ten out of like 2000 restaurants in the city, I guess I expect to be blown away. And really I wasn't. But again, I'm no expert.

Still, it was a very good dining experience. My only complaint is that they didn't take American Express, which seems odd to me for a higher-end restaurant. No biggie, turns out they accept ye olde dollars.

• Visited October 2012
Hi Chaos Theory

Thanks for following the trip advisor reviews and checking us out. I'm glad that you enjoyed everything, we are in the business of feeding people here. Usually people say that we are on the pricier side so thanks for saying the opposite.
Hopefully we'll see you again on your next visit to SF.

hampshire
“diappointing”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Sounded really good but the decor and the atmosphere are pretty unexciting - dull even . Staff were very good but the big let down was the food . Not very interesting and poorly cooked - does medium to well done mean dried up and a bit burnt . A new experience

• Visited September 2012
Hi FLoyd

Sorry to hear that you had such a terrible experience at my restaurant. I wish that you had brought it to my attention at the time so we could have rectified the situation. As far as the atmosphere here is concerned i would describe it as very lively, not sure what day you visited us. My mother-in-law won't be happy with your description of her decor as dull but everyone else seems to like it....
Well, i'm pretty sure that we won't be seeing you back here soon, but i wish you nothing but the best in life...

humphreys@ala.net
“Excellent!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The food at Seven Hills was truly exceptional! The place is energetic with a great menu and wine offerings. Our service was attentive. A great visit.

Visited October 2012
Hi Humphreys

Short review and to the point, thanks for writing about us. Trip Advisor is really helping us get our name out there.. Hope to see you again soon...

Minnesota
“Wonderful”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

What a delicious meal, very friendly atmosphere, and attentive wait staff. A gourmet experience. Unfortunately, my spouse thought it would be a good idea to walk there from Chinatown and I was exhausted when we arrived. But, I was enchanted by Seven Hills!

• Visited October 2012
7Hills1550, Owner at Seven Hills, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Hi Marie

SF has lots of hills... probably more than seven.... it's nice to work up an appetite by walking to us but it can get a little tiring!! THanks for coming in and letting us look after you. I hope to see you again and hope that you have a wonderful Christmas