Tripadvisor

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Jackson Square
Cross street: Montgomery
Transit: The Muni bus lines 1 California, 30 Stockton, 10 Townsend and 12 Folsom all stop within a block or two of Cotogna. The closest Bart stop, Montgomery Station, is a 10 minute walk.
Reviewed October 17, 2016

Long time fan of Quince, this reminds me of the original Quince. Everything and everyone was great. We loved talking to the mgr that evening (Alex), she was incredible and took great care of us. Can't wait to return to Quince on the next visit and experience their tasting menu.

Date of visit: October 2016
Write a reviewReviews (483)

Reviewed October 15, 2016 via mobile

It was a beautiful day in the city and we were just going for a walk and there was some outside seating and it was perfect! We started with a couple appetizers and we finally picked what we wanted for dinner. I had this wonderful paste with lamb and my girlfriend had pasta with quilt and we always share so they were both delicious. The restaurant is on Pacific & Montgomery! Great place and the service was great and our company with table next to us was fantastic! Cheers

Reviewed October 12, 2016

Being a native San Franciscan, now living in Los Angeles, I yearn for the fog, the hills and the smell of the bay. San Francisco has incredible amount of GREAT eateries. (I feel it surpasses New York, LA and Chicago). If you are in THE CITY, you have to indulge yourself to Cotogna. Located smack in the middle of the financial district, this is the best Italian restaurant in SF (sorry A-16). From the wood burning oven comes some of the tastiest dishes you can find. Meats, pizzas, breads and the seafood....everything is way above its competition. My wife and recently sat at the bar/counter marveling as the chefs crafted the meals. We indulged on locally-made buratta cheese with honey baked in the wood-burning oven---it was incredible. I can go on and on about the other entrees but there isn't enough time. Wine selection is good--interestingly all one price at $50 per bottle....very extensive selection from many of the regions in Italy. Have fun and enjoy the experience! Buon apetito!

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed October 12, 2016 via mobile

Had lunch at Cotogna today. Luckily we arrived right on opening time of 1130am and got a table. Very soon after it was full of happy & contented diners. The food was great and service very friendly. Suggest booking well ahead if you have plans to dine at Cotogna!

Reviewed October 10, 2016

My daughter has been here a few times when in San Francisco and recommended that we try it. The food was amazing. The interior was very cool with raw brick and a variety of woods on the walls and ceiling. Open fire for cooking and a pizza oven behind the bar. The Burrata and the Black Cabbage sformato appetizers were excellent. I had the Tagliatelle Al Ragout Modenese my wife had the Amatriciana both were excellent. This is in a business area so very quiet at night and we were able to find street parking. Make a reservation in advance and enjoy.