“Cute little place..”
Review of Heirloom Cafe

Heirloom Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Heirloom Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #597 of 5,825 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 21st Street
Reviewed June 17, 2013

When we first walked in it was a LOT warm in the building. They opened a door and it quickly cooled off. It was a very quaint little place. Nice ambiance. Limited menu but I enjoyed my asaparagus risotto. Had a great bottle of wine. Was a nice recommendation from a friend that lives locally.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

After sampling some of the best during 10 days in SF I met a pal here. Great food, wonderful wine by the glass, good service, casual atmosphere -- what more do you want?

1  Thank BostonJake
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I am not a drinker - so I can't comment on the wine pairings. I did drink a bottle of ginger beer which was excellent with my $23.00 bowl of chicken soup. Portions are well prepared with clean ingredients, but portions are quite small. The service was good, but the waitress did push us to order before we were ready. Dessert was great. I would recommend this cafe if you are into wine and want to see the local hipsters nibble. If you have a hearty appitite, you may leave and still be hungry.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

This may not be the greatest restaurant for tourists since it is deep in the Mission, but since it's in my 'hood, I love eating here. But even if it was further, I'd make every effort, as Matt and his crew do a superb job executing on his simple, homey menu. But Matt's forte is really wine pairing, which is made easy with the great selection of older wines (he has a thing for wines 7+ years old). My recommendation: trust his instincts, even if they seem counterintuitive; I've never had a bad wine or pairing at Heirloom. And I've never had a bad dining experience, whether going solo or with friends.

1  Thank SFscott413
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great spot, wonderful farm to table food. Fairly small, feels like you're eating in a farmhouse. Incredibly fresh food lovingly prepared. Extensive wine list.