“Horrible Experience”
Review of Heirloom Cafe

Heirloom Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Heirloom Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #574 of 5,839 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 21st Street
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Last night my boyfriend and I arrived on time for a 6:15 reservation. We each ordered a three course meal and three glasses of wine. The manager cleared my boyfriend's soup as he was putting his spoon back into the bowl. The same manager tried to clear our main course before we were finished, but my boyfriend asked for more time. Seconds after our dessert was served, we were told that if we wanted to finish our meal, we would have to do so from the two empty chairs at the corner of a large table where a family was sitting. When we asked to speak with a manager, the explanation we were given was that the reservation was timed for an hour and forty-five minutes, it had been nearly that long, and they needed us to move to accommodate another reservation. No apology. It was the rudest, strangest thing I've ever experienced. I hate to think that the manager was prejudiced, but I can't think of any other explanation for why we were treated so badly.

3  Thank schrers83

Reviewed January 16, 2012

The kind of place I wish I had down the street from me.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Loved the food. The service. Everything about this place.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

A $12 cab ride from Union Square and once you are there, there doesn't seem to be anyplace around worth visiting. But, the food was terrific.

Oddly, olives were the only item placed on the table while we were waiting for our meals. We were surprised that bread was not seemingly available. (We didn't ask, but, also didn't see it anywhere in the full restaurant).

Long tables and benches line the walls in this small no frills restaurant.

Go there for the food.

We each loved our meals -- wonderful salads and fish. They were able to make a vegetable substitute with no fuss.

You go to a restaurant for a meal you wouldn't cook yourself. We got it here and went back to our hotel pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed September 21, 2011

I went to Heirloom Cafe a week ago with friends who live in the neighborhood and had a real fine dinner with some very nice wines. The pole bean salad with the fig paste at the bottom is a must. It is one big room with 24 ft. ceilings and big tables.