“Simply delicious food and warm friendly service in very cool Mission”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Grub

Grub
Ranked #1,389 of 5,642 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission District
Cross street: 18th St.
Transit: BART at 16th Street Station. The 14 and 49 MUNI buses stop at 18th Street and Mission, just one block away.
Description: get your grub on
Chicago, Illinois
“Simply delicious food and warm friendly service in very cool Mission”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

Originaly we had reservation in another restaurant but had some time to kill... walking down the Valencia we stopped in many awesome shops just enjoyed all experience and came down to GRUB. Place was full, lively and had positive energy, smelled great, and the menu was simple but intriguing. First we sat at the kitchen bar and waited for table, everyone was very friendly and seemed caring, we got seated faster then promised. I had the most fantastic seafood dish, Fisherman's Brew...my date and I just drank the last drop of the delicious sauce. He ordered from the Mac & Cheese bar and was also very happy with his dish... I thought the pasta could have been little more softer, but it probobly was more of a correct "al dente" softness. We had great dinner and good "not rushing" time. I recommend GRUB and walk around Mission!

• Visited September 2011

Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Perfect Sunday Stop and Pet Friendly, Too!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

We were out on a stroll with my friends three small dogs and were searching for a place to have brunch. We were going to take the dogs home after our stroll and then go to brunch, however, the food and menu was so enticing at Grub and the greeter was so nice to the dogs that we were seated outside and stayed for brunch. They have a clever menu with something for the vegetarian, my friend, and the carnivore, me! I had the fried chicken french toast with egg on top. The egg was perfectly prepared! We had a frittata to start with veggies in it. I had an endless cup of rich coffee. The dogs were presented with a bowl of water so we all were happy. The food looked so good that other passers by stopped and tried Grub as well. I remarked that we should come every Sunday, sit outside and be Grub's ambassadors! I don't think the name fits the restaurant, as the presentation was far better than what I would expect as "grub".

• Visited October 2011
New York City, New York
“Wish we could have been seated to review the food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

My friend and I were looking for a place to eat for a late dinner. We heard some good things about Grub. The restaurant was crowded. The food looked good and the pricing seems reasonable. It also looked a bit warm with a friendly environment. Unfortunately, our hostess did not want to seat us although my friend saw three empty tables and one reservation noted on the computer. We were told that we should wait for half an hour. It was unfortunate since we were visiting the Mission District. I wish I could rate the food, but right now, I could only rate just the service and that is a poor one since we could not even get into the door. It was a Saturday night so reservations should be done. Maybe, the next time in the future, I can do another review about food.

Visited August 2011