“Excellent meal, excellent view!”

Hana Zen Sushi Bar - Pier 39
Reserve with OpenTable
Hana Zen Sushi Bar - Pier 39 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,326 of 5,693 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Fisherman’s Wharf
Cross street: Embarcadero
Transit: Public Transit available
stone mountain
“Excellent meal, excellent view!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a fabulous lunch overlooking the water. Alcatraz and the Golden Gate were in view. I ordered one of the top shelf sushimi lunches and the sea urchin was the finest I have ever had. Finished with a bowl of yummy green tea ice cream. Loved this place!

Visited May 2013

• Korean first
Washington DC
“Amazing view, peaceful atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Most of Pier 39 is hectic and touristy, so I was pleased to find this elegant and peaceful restaurant at the end of the pier. I was seated at the window, where I enjoyed a delicious (and plentiful!) bento lunch with a pot of hot green tea, while looking over the bay to the Golden Gate Bridge. The food was a bit expensive, but then again, the view was priceless!

Chicago, Illinois
“Great Sushi!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Visited SAn Francisco with my honey and we stopped at Fisherman's Wharf to check out the shops and find a great sushi restaurant. My honey wasn't a big fan of sushi but after our visit to Hana Zen Sushi Bar he's hooked now lol Best part of my trip was my experiencence at this Sushi restaurant and it over looks the bay so our dinner was amazing.

• Visited September 2012
Cashiers, North Carolina
“A great find!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

In a town filled with great restaurants, running into a really good one in a tourist area was very nice. Seated by a window overlooking Alcatraz with the sun setting over the Golden Gate bridge, our vacation was off to a wonderful beginning...and then there was the food! Wonderfully fresh and creative with great service, we were so very pleased with our choices and the recommended fare of the service staff.

Cashiers, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredible sushi!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Wandering around the wharf and found this place. Looks out over the bay with Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz all in one view! Incredible sushi! Martini scallops are the best. Server was polite and attentive without hovering. My first meal ever in San Francisco. I'm glad it was here!

1 Thank JR H