“Non-traditional Thanksgiving”

Burritt Room + Tavern
Ranked #21 of 328 Nightlife in San Francisco
“Non-traditional Thanksgiving”
Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Came here for non-Traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Salads very good but if i were to order again would ask for Brussel sprouts to be done with less oil. Cornmeal crusted oysters NOT good. First batch cold then they replaced with hot but still overly battered oysters. They took them off bill (uneaten) which was good and right thing to do. We went to their bar after dinner and had an AWESOME time sampling craft cocktails! Cool space & nice staff - I would go again (but the bar saved it for me)

San Francisco, CA
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“New in SF”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This restaurant opened in April 2012 and this was my first time. It's on the second floor with the bar is on one side, and the restaurant on the other side. This is one of Charlie Palmer's restaurants, so my expectations were high. We had the sweetbreads, figs with proscuitto, and scallops for my main dish. I was not disappointed! Located near Union Square right by the Stockton Tunnel, it's across the street from the Stockton-Sutter parking garage. The decor of the bar and restaurant was dark, and didn't leave me with a strong impression except it was difficult to read the menu and the tables were very small. I was surprised how many empty tables there were on a Saturday night at 8 p.m. for a still new restaurant. I thought it was good food, but it's not a destination restaurant in my book.

Visited November 2012
Belmont Shore, California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Live Music and Great Food”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We had a great dinner on a friday night with awesome fresh pasta and steak fun wine list with small production wines. Live music in the bar set the tone for a fun evening. Have eaten at many of the great restaurants in San Fran and this delivers a fun night without the pretenious side.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Runderful
Costa Mesa, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Craft Cocktails and Great Service”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I visited this place with my girlfriend on a recent visit to San Fran. We stopped in, was immediately greeted by the bartender, and offered cocktail menus. He also mentioned he can do whatever we want "custom". Drinks were great and creative. Nothing bad to say about this place... Check it out!

Visited September 2012
Winnipeg, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Great booths”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I chose this restaurant for our 35th anniversary celebration. We loved the curtained, private booth. My husband had the prawn salad and slow-cooked lamb, I had the Bibb lettuce salad and the filet. All were excellent. One strange thing is that when clearing the salads, they left the bread bowl but took the butter and butter knives.

Visited September 2012