“Fabulous Experience”
Review of Sons & Daughters

Sons & Daughters
Reserve with OpenTable
Sons & Daughters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #459 of 6,309 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Union Square
Cross street: Powell
Transit: Cable car at Bush/Powell
Reviewed July 9, 2018

This is a wonderful place for that special occasion! The staff were very friendly, greeted us by our names when we entered the restaurant and were extremely knowledgeable about the food, its preparation and more. The presentation was beautiful and each course seemed more delicious than the last. We had the wine pairings with the eight course meal and it, too, was worth the experience. As a "big eater" I was a bit reluctant entering but left full, satisfied, and happy.

The staff knew about and accommodated all of my daughter's food restrictions (no gluten or dairy) and made appropriate substitutions as necessary.

All of the staff were well trained and did whatever they could to make our experience memorable and wonderful. I highly recommend this intimate restaurant for any special occasion.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately we didn’t eat here, the set menu looked promising, but was too much for our stomachs at that time. However, the host gave ample advice about other restaurants to visit. She took the time and trouble to refer us to other good restaurants. We would certainly return on another occasion.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

The meal was amazing. We were there in May, and the chef’s tasting menu had a spring theme to it. Dishes were beautifully plated and presented. The wine pairings were perfect.
I did not care for the octopus dish. The dish prior with fava beans was very salty, and perhaps this influenced my perception of the octopus dish being bland.
The foie gras a-mouse bouche was delicious. Later in the meal was something that looked like a black macaroon that was amazing. I wanted a half dozen of them to binge on. I did not see it on the menu but wow was it fantastic. The course with the new York strip underwhelmed me, but it was good. The twice baked potatoes on that course were delicious.
I liked the consomme transition from savory to sweet. Both sweet courses were perfection. The rhubarb flavor with sorbet cleansed the palate and was perfectly balanced sweet and mildly tart. The elaborate strawberries and cream was so good my friend and I joked about wanting to lick the plate.
The meal was fantastic. It was worth the expense. The service was excellent and not pretentious. I loved it.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Visited last year during conference and was good but even better this year. Menu of course evolves and was fantastic degustation. Small room makes for intimate fell and the open kitchen great for watching the event unfold. The matched wines were excellent and overall highly recommend

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 15, 2018 via mobile

We had a stellar dinner at sons and daughters. The service was so personal and attentive, from the reservations process to the letter/menu we were sent home with. Julianna was a true standout for our great experience. The food was delicious, everything perfectly cooked and interesting ingredients. Highly recommend it!

Date of visit: January 2018