“Impeccable food in the heart if SF!”
Review of Saison

Saison
Reserve with OpenTable
Saison is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #377 of 5,711 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: SoMa
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd
Description: Sourcing each item from the surrounding land, Saison highlights the abundant resources of the San Francisco Bay Area. Each morning a new menu is crafted based on the finest offerings from our network of small farms, ranches, and fisheries. Saison's Bar/Salon area offers an a la carte menu.
“Impeccable food in the heart if SF!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Saison in a word is stunning! If you looking for a bargain go to Olive Garden but if you want food on par with the best in the world, try Saison. First fill your wallet and build up your appetite. Beautiful spaces, great service, and food that has been contemplated and executed with precision. Obviously special occasion and very expensive but in my mind.... Worth very penny!

Los Angeles, California
“This is by far, the best restaurant in San Francisco”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

People talk so much about how wonderful French Laundry is, but I don't care to leave the City when I am visiting and while it is an exceptional experience I think the tasting menu at Saison is by far one of the best I have ever had and worth every dollar! This is an experience not just dinner out. We were seated at a large table in the kitchen and were amazed as they brought us one dish after another, there must have been 10 or more...I lost count. With most tasting menu's clearly the portions are small and I told my guest I had hoped we would not leave hungry and we didn't. Everything was superb. Each serving was filled with textures, flavors and tastes that were amazing. Just imagine everything is fresh and as you watch the chef's at work making your next dish you are part of what is the theatre of this amazing kitchen. The wine pairings were all great and while this was a pricey night out, the staff apologized for being a little slow to start us by only charging for one of us which knocked a couple of hundred of the bill...but it wouldn't have mattered. This is an special place that if you are a true foodie, you have to try just once but I know I will be back. Its been a long while since I have had such a meal as I did at Saison and I highly recommend it for its incredible tasting menu, exceptional service, and the care that went into each dish...simply a remarkable night. And the deserts...excellent!

boca raton, florida
“Extremely Disappointed!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I could not wait to eat here when I visited San Francisco. I had read so many great reviews. I've eaten at some really interesting and incredible places like NOMA..Atera etc..Well I could not have been more disappointed!!! The courses were boring and random at best...some courses Ok..but most flavor-LESS...Service just ok...and with this unbelievable price tag (which I was willing to pay)Cost - $298 p/p (and there were 4 of us). Thank goodness we did not do the wine pairing...Definitely have to say I would NOT recommend..sorry!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank beauoli
California
“My new favorite restaurant in San Francisco”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Going to a new place and trying out the tasting menu is something fun for me, even when I know I'll never be able to finish or be content with one or two of the courses. In this case I was happily proven wrong! Every course was a well thought out delight. All were delicious and exciting and the service was definitely up to par. Incredible. Can't wait to return.

Auckland
“A culinary experience for the disearning”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

What a superb experience, welcomed with champagne at the bar and then seated around the open kitchen watching the chefs work in absolute silence but in perfect harmony. And the 18 course meal. To die for. Every mouthful delicious and sensual.

And the service was excellent and in perfect harmony with wait staff and chefs both serving at different times.Perfect

Nobody can miss this on a San Francisco food adventure