“Solid lunchtime fare”

Pera - San Francisco
Reserve with OpenTable
Pera - San Francisco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #906 of 5,800 Restaurants in San Francisco
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Connecticut
Reviewed December 22, 2012

I've been four times (all at lunch) and I don't know why this place isn't busier. It's really good. I ordered from the lunch specials menu and if I cleaned my plate I would have been really full. To go boxes for a leftover kabob- my kind of pre-dinner nibble! It's all yummy- the dolmas, the falafel, the lamb. Maybe because there's so much good food on Potrero Hill, this place suffers because it comes across as more formal? The space is large and peaceful and service is always attentive.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Lovely Mediterranean restaurant - food was very good and service friendly. Would definitely return.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

We went to Pera with a party of four. We were seated right away. The decor was nice, and the service was good. The food, however, was mediocre. For example, we had a spanakopita appetizer, and the portions were miniscule. Then three of us had the Moussaka entree. Unfortunately, the Moussaka was made with potatoes. Now, I like Moussaka, and I like potatoes -- but I have never had both in the same dish, and I did not care for the combination. And neither did the others in my party who ordered it. So I can't really recommend Pera.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We met a local friend here for dinner on his suggestion & truly enjoyed the experience. We started with a sampler platter that had some items that were different & great. Much of the menu has some choices that are not at every restaurant- nice! We all enjoyed our meals & the wine too! The atmosphere is casual & decor was tasteful. Great choice for something different if you are in the area.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I was here with a group of colleagues for a holiday lunch and everything was superb!! It is a great place to go with a group of people as you can order a little bit of everything and try it all. I have also been for dinner and have loved it.

The people who work there could not be nicer - the restaurant is in a neighborhood with some "destination" restaurants - I cannot figure out why people wait in line for a lunch counter next door when there is space at Pera.

For a special treat - the Greek yogurt dessert - with drizzled honey, strawberries, blueberries and nuts is to die for!