“Un bijou dans le parc!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Corner of Grove and Central
Transit: buses: 21, 5, 43 within one block on Masonic Street buses: 71, 6, 66 within 4 blocks on Haight Street
Description: Bistro Central Parc is tucked away in the Neighborhood of NOPA... The food is spectacular and the atmosphere is casual and fun. White table cloth food without the tablecloths. The Kitchen staff has been together for over 10 years and the pride is shown in every dish served. Bistro Central Parc is truly a San Francisco secret little Gem
Tucson, Arizona
“Un bijou dans le parc!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

No wonder Bistro Central Parc is rated #15 on Trip Advisor! It deserves its rating. We had dinner there on our recent trip to San Francisco and it was a wonderful experience. Jerome, one of the owners, took care of our table and made sure we were having a great time. The menu was so inviting, it was difficult to make a choice. We wanted one of each. My husband finally settled on Salmon Tartare for the appetizer and I chose Escargots. Both were delicious. For the entrée, my husband tried “Beef Cheek” at Jerome’s recommendation and he was not disappointed. And for me, Magret de Canard with a cherry sauce was wonderful. We completed this superb dinner with two delicious desserts, “Volcan” and “Tarte Tatin”. Jerome recommended a great wine that complemented both our main dishes. Bistro Central Parc will rival any restaurant in France. The food is superb and we highly recommend it.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank L341

tucson
“Paris in San Francisco”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Mere words could not reasonably describe the wonderful experience we had recently at Bistro Central Parc during a recent visit to San Francisco. To say the food was delicious and attractively presented would be an understatement. Escargots, tartare de saumon, magret de canard, braised beef cheeks and the desserts were prepared and served with great care and expertise by a genuinely friendly group of people. The owner is not only the friendliest of the bunch, he really knows fine food and good wine.

We are already making plans for a return trip to San Francisco in the near future, just so we can dine at Bistro Central Parc.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank TucsonRoodles
Pasadena, California
“A gem”
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This seemingly unprepossessing neighborhood is not to be missed. The food, mostly traditional French with a San Francisco twist, was nothing short of superb, with absolutely beautiful presentation. My starter, salmon tartare, was wrapped in gravlax, garnished with salmon eggs, was as beautiful to see as it was delicious to taste. My entree, duck breast, was cooked to perfection, medium rare as ordered, lightly but deliciously sauces. My dessert, tarte tatin, was good...not great, not Parisienne, and not up to the standard set by my 1st 2 courses. This bistro is a hidden gem, not to be missed. I will surely return when next I in SF.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mlwFortLee_Nj
Los Gatos, California
“A little bit of Paris in SF”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is at the top of my list of favorite restaurants in San Francisco. It is just a small restaurant with excellent food and true French atmosphere. I had the endive salad and a filet. The flavors blended perfectly and the presentation was beautiful. Excellence is in the details. Service was personal and everyone had a comforting French accent which made dinner all the better. The wine list had many selections by the glass and even a few half bottles which was perfect for sharing. Dessert had it's own menu and I wanted one of everything, but we ended up sharing a "chocolate volcano". I believe reservations are needed but they do have seats around a long bar which would be perfect for drop-ins. They also use open table which I love.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Ann B
Honolulu, Hawaii
“A Tasty Surprise”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We rented a flat near this restaurant and went initially because it was close. However, we did notice that they served two of our favorite dishes: ris de veau and moules. We were surpirsed about how this unpretentious restaurant measured up to other better known eateries in San Francisco. The atmosphere is anything but elegant, the service was quite good, and the quality of the food and the preparations were outstanding. It was so good that we canceled our reservation at another very well known restaurant 4 days later and made another reservation at Bistro Central Parc.

Visited May 2013